PDA

View Full Version : led/lcd televisions---winterizing and stand

here4kids
11-03-2012, 05:37 AM
1st... were we supposed to get the TV stands (base) with a new keystone 5th wheel? we did when we bought a cougar, but we did not when we bought an alpine.

2nd... do you bring your television in for the winter? we are storing our 5th wheel in VA. my husband always does remove them and bring them indoors, hence needing the stands, but i am wondering if this is really more work then needed. imo, the more these tv's are moved, the worse for them.

jbsmith
11-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Did you check inside the various storage bins? Ours was hidden inside the drawer of the J-couch of our Cougar.

We've never brought our TVs in for the winter..temps well below freezing/zero here in the mid-west. Thus far we've seen no adverse effect on their operation. If you turn one on when it is extremely cold, the picture will be distorted with very poor contrast/brightness until it warms up. I usually wait until the temps in the trailer are reasonably comfortable before switching them on.

Different manufacturers claim different numbers with regard to cold weather storage/operation. Most range between -20 to -5 F. We've got three top line model Samsung's that have been down to about -15 F and probably at 90+ over the last two years and still work fine. One is in the storage compartment and is regularly exposed to heat/cold, humidity, vibration, dust, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

35mastr
11-03-2012, 07:16 AM
My stand was in the drawer under the couch with the air mattress.

Jim W
11-03-2012, 07:45 AM
I bring the TV in during the winter months when in storage. My 5er sit in a storage lot that is fenced in but I do not visit the 5er from the time it goes in storage until April when we take it out. So I just remove the TV only four screws and a couple of wires to remove and un-plug. Oh by the way mark your cable and wires as to where they plug into this way in the spring it will be easier to re-plug them in.
Jim W.