PDA

View Full Version : opening doors

BRAPOM
11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Picked up my new 365 velocity and on return trip home both entry doors would open when ever I hit a blip in the road or when i curbed the wheels once, Even with the entry handles folded over the doors they pop open, Called dealer and left message, Is this normal? Did not have this problem with other th I have had but this is long at 40foot. Thanks:)

JRTJH
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
No this is NOT normal. Either the door strikers are misadjusted or the doors themselves are not installed properly. The dealer should be able to handle this in short order. As for scraping the curb, welcome to the world of long trailers. It does take some getting used to....

35mastr
11-03-2012, 07:44 AM
This not normal at all. Were the Dead Bolts locked?

macgyver1
11-03-2012, 11:09 AM
We have the same model when we travel we lock the dead bolts. That way if stoped at a light or other wise some one can't jump in an help them selves. I would also say that some thing is not correctly adjusted

Ron
11-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Some trailers we have owned stay closed and some don't, currently our Montana opens against the closed hand rail, so we just lock the dead bolt as mentioned also so someone doesn't jump in and help themselves...........Ron

BRAPOM
11-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I did start to lock the dead bolts on both doors, I will have to ck the strikers to adjust as the dealer is 8hrs away. Worst case will use local dealer that had the nasy salesman. (why i chose to travel for this one)(tx)

KenBob
11-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I did start to lock the dead bolts on both doors, I will have to ck the strikers to adjust as the dealer is 8hrs away. Worst case will use local dealer that had the nasy salesman. (why i chose to travel for this one)(tx)

Be aware that the local dealer may not do any warranty work because you did not purchase from them. Unless you decide to pay. The manufacturer brochures we got from our dealer all were printed with "Buy local" and gave an explanation about why and warranty repairs. The RV dealers are not like automobile dealers where you can buy from here and take it there for warranty service. Good luck!

Both entry doors on our Fuzion had closing/latching issues. I corrected the problems myself and have not had any issues since.

Beachnut
11-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I have had no problems taking my Keystone Outback to a "local" Keystone dealer for repairs, even when I did not buy it there. They do not even sell the Outback trailers, but have done some fine warranty repair work, for free, for me. So I would bet it is more about the "dealer" than anything else. My closest "outback" dealer is 2 hours away, and i believe they even stopped selling Outbacks, (or lost the right to after what they did selling us ours). Just call and ask the dealer, or Keystone, they will tell you...

Beachnut

jje1960
11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I must say, this is pretty bizarre, I've never seen a door open while travel on any of our units, however after the first time would have used the second lock.