PDA

View Full Version : Optional Rear Awning Install

lakebuster
10-27-2012, 10:09 PM
I just purchased the 2013 Keystone Raptor 310TS, dealer is installing optional rear domestic 9100 awning!
Round 1- Awning came in wrong color and was installed anyway,did not notice until I got home and was able to extend both awnings that they did not match
Round-2 They order the GN color awning and they say it is in so back to the dealer, then I get a call that it is too wide,needed a 10 foot but received a 14 foot, so they send it off to the sew man, he does a great job but his seem is twice as thick as the factory domestic seam so awning will not close correctly
Round-3 Will wait to hear from them monday, parts says domestic does not make GN granite awning anymore, I went straight to dometic and camping world website and found that size listed. Come on people put a little more effort in the job you do and the details, it will make the campers happy and come back for more!

720Deere
10-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Sorry to hear about all the troubles with the awning. I guess I better go open the box and check mine out! My dealer was supposed to install it before we picked the trailer up, but even after knowing about it 5 weeks and having the trailer almost 2 weeks before I could pick it up, they dropped the ball.

When I arrived for delivery there was no rear awning and we got a "We Owe" paper instead. I couldn't buy the awning anywhere else for the total price that they charged me so I agreed to just let them ship it to me when the mounting hardware came in. It arrived here Thursday but I haven't had time to mess with it yet. Now I need to go check it out to make sure they sent me the right stuff!

saltytuna1
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
I just purchased the 2013 Keystone Raptor 310TS, dealer is installing optional rear domestic 9100 awning!
Round 1- Awning came in wrong color and was installed anyway,did not notice until I got home and was able to extend both awnings that they did not match
Round-2 They order the GN color awning and they say it is in so back to the dealer, then I get a call that it is too wide,needed a 10 foot but received a 14 foot, so they send it off to the sew man, he does a great job but his seem is twice as thick as the factory domestic seam so awning will not close correctly
Round-3 Will wait to hear from them monday, parts says domestic does not make GN granite awning anymore, I went straight to dometic and camping world website and found that size listed. Come on people put a little more effort in the job you do and the details, it will make the campers happy and come back for more!

Lakebuster,
The dealer installed mine also. Just curious, when they installed yours did they have to run the power wire into the interior of your trailer (where it's visible from the interior) or did they fish it through the inside of the wall? They ran mine inside and I was Pi***d when I went to pick it up. They told me it was impossible to run it inside the wall. Since mine was the only 310 model on the lot I couldn't argue the point. I was recently at the Southern Calif. RV show and low and behold there was a 310 with the rear awning installed from the factory and the wiring was inside of the wall (non-visible). Steve

lakebuster
11-02-2012, 06:46 PM
No they drilled a hole in camper even with the back of the upper cabinets in garage and then fished line down to where all the other switches are by door.