PDA

View Full Version : Furnace smell

Benrubid
10-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Started the furnace for the first time in my new Fuzion 322. It smelled like it was burning off something. I equated this to the furnace being new and started for the first time, but it set the smoke alarm off in the camper. Anything to be worried about? Should I let it run and burn off what ever it needs to? Appreciate an insight. Thank you

SteveC7010
10-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Started the furnace for the first time in my new Fuzion 322. It smelled like it was burning off something. I equated this to the furnace being new and started for the first time, but it set the smoke alarm off in the camper. Anything to be worried about? Should I let it run and burn off what ever it needs to? Appreciate an insight. Thank you

The search function is your friend.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8065&highlight=furnace+smell

Paddler
10-27-2012, 04:09 AM
It's a good idea to burn off the manufacturing residue before you need the furnace. We open all the windows, doors, vents and pull the batteries from the smoke alarm, then run the furnace until the smell goes away. When we did the Monty, it took about 20-30 minutes of constant furnace runtime.

dandjh1958
10-27-2012, 12:10 PM
We were told by the dealer that the first time we used the furnace, it could possibly make the smoke alarm go on. they said to open all the windows and remove the battery to burn off dust and other stuff in the furnace. The first time we used the furnace, there was a little smell but not enough for the smoke alarm to sound off.

My popup furnace smells worse the first time we use it!! ;)