PDA

View Full Version : Genset Fuel Tank Empty

lakebuster
10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Filled up both fuel tanks in new Raptor 310TS and ran genet for a few hours behind house, the next day after work smelled gas and seen the area under generator was soaked in gasoline, after some investigating found fuel return line cut at hanging bracket, I thought only diesels had fuel return lines, but traced it out the supply line was fine, but when hitting prime button or genset running it would pour out this return line, replaced about five feet of line, Has anyone had or heard of this problem?
This has me scared to take it out dry camping leak was right under bedroom, and the fuel lines they use are not high quality!

SteveC7010
10-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Can you tell us a bit more about the cut in the fuel line? Was it caused by rubbing on a sharp metal edge? Or was it a gradual break caused by repeated flexing at the same point? Or maybe a cleaner cut like a knife or scissors?

If it was a rub or flex break, I presume that you fixed the cause when you replaced the line. If not, it will just happen again.

If you have repaired it to your satisfaction, then why the concern over using it?

lakebuster
10-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Actually looks like it had been cut with razor knife as, protective sheathing had cuts in same area as fuel return line

Johnnyfry
10-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Sounds like some disgruntled neighbor got pissed at your running the genny and vandalized your trailer.

Personally, I'd investigate what kind of neighbors live in the area and go from there.

IMHO,
John