PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Passport 3220 BH

lspajm
10-22-2012, 03:17 AM
i read my manual for my passport 3220 BH and it states to put antifrreeze in the fresh water tank. I DO NOT want to do this....does anyone know of a good alternate pump bi-pass method so i can get the antifreeze thru the rest of the system without dumping it in the fresh water tank? I pulled open the access panel to the pump area and did not see a separate hose that i could just stick down on the antifreeze jug.

thanks,
Andy

hankpage
10-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Andy, If you do a forum search for "winterize" you will see that this has been discussed many times and there are still some open threads on the subject. But a quick answer would be ... yes there are kits you can add depending on your pump model. Travel safely, Hank

robo
10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
i read my manual for my passport 3220 BH and it states to put antifrreeze in the fresh water tank. I DO NOT want to do this....does anyone know of a good alternate pump bi-pass method so i can get the antifreeze thru the rest of the system without dumping it in the fresh water tank? I pulled open the access panel to the pump area and did not see a separate hose that i could just stick down on the antifreeze jug.

thanks,
Andy

byuy the flow jey adapter at dealer no more than $15.00 makes life easy
look on you tube for winterize 3220 video there is one there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVK1vCPPDE
not my video just whatched it

E597283
10-23-2012, 04:02 AM
I have a 2910bh and found it just easier to put 2 gallons in the fresh water tanking and turn pump on and run each faucet. The pump is located under the bed and under another access panel. I always sanitize my fresh water tank each year anyways so it’s just easier.

rrohrer
10-23-2012, 04:58 AM
I bought the jet flo pump adaptor clip. then got 1/2" braided vinyl tubing from lowes and used 2 feet of it to make the tubing to draw in antifreeze. I may just try to pour antifreeze into fresh water tank next yr. seems like it would be jus as easy.

rrohrer
10-23-2012, 05:00 AM
you need a flo jet pump adaptor