PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

eclektick
04-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Taking delivery of my new 2010 Bullet 281BHS in Sweetgrass Montana on the 8th of May and then haulin'er back up to Edmonton, Can't wait. Anyone have any mod pics on here of cool things they ahve done to their Bullets?

ColinM
04-29-2010, 08:38 PM
I am going to sweetgrass about a week behind you. hauling back to Grande Prairie. Let me know how your border crossing goes or if you run into any hassles.

eclektick
05-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Got back from Sweetgrass yeaterday and have my new trailer - awesome! Border was no problem, I had the paperwork I needed so I paid my GST and was on my way. Couple of tips:

Make sure you have your In Transit permit
Make sure your paperwork is in order
If staying over night stay in Coutts or go through to Shelby, Sweetgrass is a hole!
The border line up can be a bit long

Good luck and happy importing!

Festus2
05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the group. As yet, we don't have many "Bullet" owners but the list is growing. A photo of your RV and tow vehicle would be nice or some additional information in your signature about your TV. Hope this summer gives you many miles of enjoyment and trouble-free RVing with your new unit.

ColinM
05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Were you told that you would need to get an inspection to have the trailer CSA approved? I found a news article that states that the RVIA seal from the US is accepted in Alberta. I think that it would mean an inspection is not required.

http://oldsite.rvdailyreport.com/News/tabid/57/ctl/ArticleView/mid/372/articleId/1136/PageID/2993/RVIA-seal-now-accepted-for-shipments-to-Alberta.aspx

Here is the link. Within the aticle is a link to the Vehicle Equipment Regulations from the Alberta Government. On page 51 section 102(1) it to says that the RVIA seal is accepted. I am going to ask my insurance Co. this week but I think an inspection isn't needed.

eclektick
05-16-2010, 08:51 AM
No inspections are needed, you simply take your trailer to the border, they ask for the manufacture date and some other little information, you pay taxes and off you go. Make sure to have your "In Trasit" permit and you are away to the races.

Will post pic's of rig and TV info soon!

Stargazer
05-16-2010, 07:54 PM
Congrats on the new trailer. Have fun with it!

bogen2
05-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I am interested in buying a trailer in the US as well. What dealer did you use? How did you get the unit to Sweetgrass, as I assume there is no dealer in that little town?