PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Hose Tray Mod

Ruffus
10-12-2012, 11:49 AM
At our current Hosting gig I found that the sewer drain was about 6 inches above the parking slab and the slab ran down from the rear of our 5ver to the front. There was no way that the tanks would drain since water and junk won't run up hill. I didn't have enough hose racks or ones that were high enough so I took some 3 inch PVC and ripped it on the shops table saw. Then I drilled a couple holes on opposite side of the PVC and ran some light chain through it. I can now adjust the height one link at a time and the tanks drain like they should. The pipe was free from the parks junk pile and the chain ran about $12. They will lay in the bed of my truck beside the fifth wheel hitch when traveling.
:cool3:

SteveC7010
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Nicely done!

I carry a couple of short half sections of that same pipe specifically to cradle the hose when visiting a dump station. The concrete pad found around most dump stations is very abrasive (think coarse sandpaper) and quickly wears holes in the hose. laying the pipe sections on the concrete and then the hose in the pipe prevents that damage.

trucker LOU
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Plastic raingutter also works good for sewer hose trays.

michol02
10-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Neat idea Ruffus. :cool:

cmssorrell
10-15-2012, 05:22 AM
Great idea !!

Mark