PDA

View Full Version : blane Jenson RV

curlyfungirl
10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
We hooked up our Montana this morning for its maiden voyage. Lo and behold the clearance lights would not work. We took it to tbe dealer down the street as we didn't have time to go to B J rv in salt lake. It turns out that the wires were reversed. When I called B J rv they said "well how could we possibly have done that? You must be doing somethi wrong!".

We were going to give them a good review until now. They are obviously swell headed and provide shoddy service

KJcachers
10-10-2012, 03:14 PM
How did you ever leave the sales lot without doing a light check? If wires were reversed then it never worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlyfungirl
10-10-2012, 06:12 PM
How did you ever leave the sales lot without doing a light check? If wires were reversed then it never worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how did we ever leave? well let me tell you. The truck had been in. BAd wreck before we bought the 5er and we had the rig delivered to the house. Sooo.....when we got the truck back from the shop we drove it up to get the hitch installed along with the.power source for the truck bed. We stupidly asumed that the.dealer knew what they were doing. So thar you go. We aren't interested in any rude slams.

SAD
10-10-2012, 06:47 PM
how did we ever leave? well let me tell you. The truck had been in. BAd wreck before we bought the 5er and we had the rig delivered to the house. Sooo.....when we got the truck back from the shop we drove it up to get the hitch installed along with the.power source for the truck bed. We stupidly asumed that the.dealer knew what they were doing. So thar you go. We aren't interested in any rude slams.

I'm not sure how that would be considered a rude slam. Obviously that omission on your part was inadvertent. Without stating that, how would anyone know?

SteveC7010
10-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Your original post really didn't explain the situation very well. It was not clear whether the problem was in the trailer or the tow vehicle. It was also not clear what kind of work the dealer did for you.

How are we to know the facts and then have a reasonable discussion if we don't ask for more details?

When you lay a complaint like this in front of others, it's best to explain and describe the situation as completely as possible in your initial post.

These are not rude slams. These are reasonable questions about a problem you presented.

curlyfungirl
10-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Inadvertent ommission.......I was fairly clear that they hooked the outlet up wrong....

CFSUNRISE
10-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Better check your original post. I don't see any mention of the dealer doing the hitch and wiring work. You should make sure you have all the facts straight before making a statement that your being slamed.

SAD
10-11-2012, 01:50 PM
CurlyFunGirl seems mad :(

azlee56
10-11-2012, 02:58 PM
naw, they weren't being mean....just asking questions. I think I would be a bit upset if my new RV showed up and they tell me all is well and they pulled a fast one! I'd have to simmer down for a day and then call them and say you had better have a talk with your employees!!

I am glad I read before going to buy it, but I still could have used more education of what to look at. I think I checked the lights inside and out...but man there is soooo much to check in such a short time!

Festus2
10-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Can we forget about this and move on to something else?

Thank you.

rjroling
10-26-2012, 05:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, did the local dealer rewire the truck or the trailer? If they rewired the trailer and the truck was actually what was wired incorrectly, you'll have the same problem again if you ever tow a different trailer!!

curlyfungirl
10-28-2012, 10:40 AM
No the trailer dealer screwed up.