PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Minnesota

g8er065
10-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I am in North Carolina and my father wants to take a fishing trip to Minnesota. We are clueless on where to go and was wondering if anyone here could give me some advise.

Jim W
10-11-2012, 05:03 AM
My nephew lives in MN just outside of the twin cities. He and his father along with other relatives go to Leech Lake in Northern MN.
Here is a link to MN DNR. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html
Jim W.

gkainz
10-11-2012, 08:26 AM
I was born in MN and spent a lot of summers around Grand Marais and up the Gunflint Trail, as well as around Ely in the Boundary Waters area.

The smart alek response is "there is NO fishing in Minnesota" :) but honestly, there's more fishing lakes than you can imagine. The license plates reads "Land of 10,000 lakes" and I think they missed a bunch.

Depends on what kind of fishing you want to do (shore, canoe, boat, etc) and what kind of fish you want to pursue (walleye, northern pike, trout, panfish) but I would echo the post above to start with the DNR site, and maybe google fishing trips guides Minnesota for an overwhelming bunch of reading.

Ruffus
10-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey g8er065, the last person who left Minnesota was suppose to turn off the lights, did they leave them on again????????:rofl:

mikell
10-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Did he say ice fishing???

mlware1
10-12-2012, 07:37 AM
I live in norhwest MN near some of the best fishing in the state. As was stated in another post there are many places to fish depending on the type of fishing you want to do. Be glad to help you with any info.

mr.windows1
10-13-2012, 06:04 AM
I too live in Minnesota my camper sits on the NE Corner of Millacs Lake which is one of the best walleye lakes in the state, there are many options depending on the type of fish, if your thinking open water you better hurry cause its getting coooooooold up here otherwise ice fishing is an absolute blast especially for you people from the south that have never done it!