PDA

View Full Version : New in Oregon!

dandjh1958
10-09-2012, 07:57 AM
We are picking up our new Hideout this Friday and wanted to join this forum to start getting all the knowledge from the experienced owners.
We also have a Forest River Popup that we love camping in but we also like to camp all 4 seasons and snow in a popup, although fun, gets dicey the older we get.
I have retired early so I get to go camping more than my dear husband but he usually follows for long weekends as his work schedule allows. I'm hoping that I will be able to pull and set up this new TT as easily (if not easier) than the popup.
We have our PDI checklist ready for this Friday and look forward so the initial trip this weekend.
I'll probably have some questions come Monday!!
Happy Camping!

Festus2
10-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Julie & Don -
Nice to read that you are going to be taking a PDI checklist with you when you do your walk-through this Friday. It will come in handy and perhaps save you a trip back to dealer to fix or replace something you may have missed without a PDI.
Hope your first outing is trouble-free and enjoyable and that you are able to set up the Hideout quickly and easily.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

audio1der
10-09-2012, 12:40 PM
That Hideout is a sharp looking unit! Hope it treats you well.

Mighty Ming
10-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Camping in the snow... Hardcore, bravo n welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dandjh1958
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I pulled this beast (OK- it's a beast compared to a pop-up!!) in the blowing wind and pounding rain on Friday after we went through our PDI.
We got to our campsite on Friday night and got set up with little or no issues.
I didn't turn on the hot water heater until Saturday but within minutes REAL hot water was coming out!!

No surprises. No issues and no problems.

We wrapped up this morning, dumped the tanks and hit the road, again with no problems.
We're glad we picked this Keystone trailer and hope to have many many years of happy camping!

Now I look forward to doing some cool mods I've seen in this forum!

Happy Camping
Julie