PDA

View Full Version : Docking Stations on Laredo FW's

depshrink
10-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I am considering upgrading from a Laredo TT to a Laredo FW. While looking at a Laredo 329RE, I couldn't find the Docking Station. I assumed that all FW had them, but maybe I'm wrong. Can anybody enlighten me?

SAD
10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Docking station?

depshrink
10-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes, a compartment where all the water hoses and valves are. I've seen them in all motorhomes, and all the FW that have parked next to me at campgrounds. Alpines have them, as well as the Cougars. I thought all FW had them. Maybe not.

SAD
10-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Ah. Mine is behind the basement door on the drivers side.

In other words, the basement door does double duty.

Georgia Rambler
10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Mine is on the drivers side as well, using the same door as the storage compartment, but to call it a "Docking Station" may be an over statement.... Its not as "nice" as it could be I think...

depshrink
10-07-2012, 06:07 PM
I see Avalanche calls it the "water works compartment". Yours is shown in the Avalanche brochure. There is nothing in the Laredo brochure, and i didnt see anything when I looked over the 329RE. Might have been hidden away, I guess. I'm hoping someone who has a Laredo can give me a definitive answer.

depshrink
10-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Thanks. It must be not very impressive if it is not even mentioned in their literature. I have seen some that look like they could be part of a fire truck. Well, I like knobs and valves, so I get impressed easy by such things.

mikell
10-08-2012, 04:34 AM
The water works as far as i have heard

Mopar madman
10-08-2012, 06:28 AM
I have a 2011 Laredo 265RL ,mine does not have a docking station. It is pretty much like all other TT I have seen. I assume the next series up has a docking station.

depshrink
10-08-2012, 07:15 AM
I suspect you are right. The Laredo Fw's don't have fireplaces either. I asked the salesman about that, since they are very common and a popular feature. He says that Keystone position is that if you want a fireplace, you have to go to the next model series up (which I thought was the Alpine). Same must apply to the docking station. Problem is that the next model up is heavier and more expensive! I always thought of the Laredo has a good middle level RV. Maybe its just a middle entry level RV.

dakingsella
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
This is slightly off subject, tho someone sort of headed in this direction. "bouncey: Where does the Cougar fit into the Keystone lineup? My 2012 Cougar has the docking station inside the basement door on the drivers side. I could be arranged better though as someone else mentioned.

captbru
10-08-2012, 12:49 PM
We have a Laredo 310RE, no docking station. There is room for a foreplace in our unit, as we have the rear window and the TV comes up from the entertainment consol.

KanTC
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
depshrink,

The Laredo is a mid-level/mid-priced line, but the Water Works Utility Center [Docking Station] isn't available
on the (full-sized) Laredo 5th wheel's or Super Lite TT's yet. It's currently only on the Super Lite 5th wheels,
which were added to the Laredo line-up in late 2011. The current online brochure has this info.

It's not uncommon for Keystone to make changes at the end of the calendar year, so, who knows what tomorrow will
bring! You might contact them & ask if (maybe?) the Utility Center will be added to the (full-sized) 5th wheel's.

As as added note -- the Alpine, Avalanche, Montana, Montana HC, Mountaineer & Big Sky are all "the next model up"
FW's to Laredo line. Those might have more features & options, but as you stated, "the next model up is heavier
and more expensive!"

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

KanTC
10-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Dave,

Copper Canyon, Cougar, Cougar High Country, Cougar XLite & 1/2 ton, Laredo, and Sydney are all mid-level/mid-priced
5th wheels (as per Keystone). There are some features/options available on one line/brand that may not be available
on another brand in the same price range... that's fairly typical with any manufacturer.

To see the different price ranges, go to the Keystone (manufacturer) website http://www.keystonerv.com

Locate the tabs near the top of the page -- each has a tiny photo representing Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels,
Light Weight, Toy haulers, Destination Trailers. Simply hold your mouse/cursor ON each tab, and a drop-down
LIST will show all the brands in that specific category. The brands are listed in alphabetical order for
each price range.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Ayotte
10-08-2012, 07:45 PM
I have a 2012 Cougar xlite and no docking station-power cord out back, water hook up and tank fill drivers side rear, black tank flush drivers side mid wall and drain valves under drivers side.