PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper boarder removed

gregrc75
10-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Did another mod today to my Bullet Premier 28RLPR. I am not a huge fan of the fabric patterns and the "loud" wallpaper boarder. A friend of mine just purchased a Sunset Trail Reserve TT and instead of a wallpaper border, it had a wood border or chair-rail. It looks very nice and it got me thinking about copying the idea in my Premier. Well, today I decided to do it. I found some prefinished molding at Home Depot and it is nearly a perfect match in stain color. SO, for about 22.00 in molding and a tube of liquid nails, it was done! The wall paper boarder is more like a vinyl sticker. It came off very easily by heating it with a hairdryer and pulling it. Here are the pics

Before:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_52264_0_7216b1a11ff038d466be8d914457b681.jpg

After:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_52264_1_f2a0e4ff0ee81bac0ace4d6522197609.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_52264_2_fcdcb78bd542260ab32ca008a8f61165.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_52264_3_0f8727ff422e452e29cf15f00d0d72f5.jpg

Little Guy
10-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Looks nice

jujustad
10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi Little Guy,
I've been wanting to do this but would like to leave it plain. Was there a lot of goo or a seam underneath the wallpaper border?
Julie

gregrc75
10-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi Little Guy,
I've been wanting to do this but would like to leave it plain. Was there a lot of goo or a seam underneath the wallpaper border?
Julie

Hi Julie,

None at all. It came off completely clean. Most of it came off in one strip. Where it met windows I used a knife to score it before pulling it. It looks like the wallpaper went under the window frame. Here is a pic without the border:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_52296_0_2f784b9054e9e7cec823f4bfd2945ed8.jpg

curlyfungirl
10-05-2012, 06:04 PM
looks good

Blondeegal
10-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Looks great! Now have a new project for my husband!

curlyfungirl
10-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Looks great! Now have a new project for my husband!

I know what you mean! I worry that in ten years our rig will look like it came out of a time warp!

michol02
10-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Very nice. Looks factory.

jujustad
10-07-2012, 12:39 PM
thanks Greg...its days are numbered!

Festus2
10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Is there any possible way that members who do these great-looking mods can keep their before and after pics hidden from the the eyes of wives? :rolleyes:
I am thinking about incorporating a "Delete Mod Photos" option into the forum so that all of the hard-working husbands are not subjected to looking at another "HoneyDo" list made up by their DW's.
Hey, I can always use my Moderator's option of deleting the whole thread :D. Or I could always close it to prevent more people from ooohing and awwwwing about this mod.
On second thought, perhaps this isn't such a great idea in this case as everyone replying to this thread thinks that this mod is simply marvelous - which it is.
Thankfully in my case, our paper border doesn't look quite so garish and fits in quite nicely with the rest of the decor. Now, all I have to do is convince my wife that it looks just fine as is. :banghead:

gregrc75
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Is there any possible way that members who do these great-looking mods can keep their before and after pics hidden from the the eyes of wives? :rolleyes:
I am thinking about incorporating a "Delete Mod Photos" option into the forum so that all of the hard-working husbands are not subjected to looking at another "HoneyDo" list made up by their DW's.
Hey, I can always use my Moderator's option of deleting the whole thread :D. Or I could always close it to prevent more people from ooohing and awwwwing about this mod.
On second thought, perhaps this isn't such a great idea in this case as everyone replying to this thread thinks that this mod is simply marvelous - which it is.
Thankfully in my case, our paper border doesn't look quite so garish and fits in quite nicely with the rest of the decor. Now, all I have to do is convince my wife that it looks just fine as is. :banghead:

Haha dont do that! I need the confirmation that I am not wasting my money foolishly with my mods!

kimrb266
11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
We're going to look into doing this to our new Springdale TT. I want to do mods to lighten up the enterior and make it our own.

hankpage
11-15-2012, 09:19 AM

That is one MAN'S opinion. I wonder what your DW will say????
Personally I think it makes the area look bigger and I like it. BUT! I am as lazy as Festus2 and my DW will never see this thread. :D

azlee56
11-15-2012, 09:33 AM
HA, my bf is safe with mods. I don't ask him to do remodeling. Aren't I nice (giggle).

He could do it, but I have seen some guys get really into it and I have held my breath, so he likes our rig the way it is. yeahhhhh. (so far)

curlyfungirl
11-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know who comes up with the garrish fabric choices? They are pretty bad.

hankpage
11-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know who comes up with the garrish fabric choices? They are pretty bad.

Back in the old days trailers were decorated with pheasants, bass and ten point bucks. Then Mama figured she should come along to see what the big deal was with this camping thing. ... She liked it ...... thus the garish fabrics and fancy thing-a-ma-bobs. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1116

Only kidding ladies ... honest!

geo
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
HA, my bf is safe with mods. I don't ask him to do remodeling. Aren't I nice (giggle).

He could do it, but I have seen some guys get really into it and I have held my breath, so he likes our rig the way it is. yeahhhhh. (so far)

Azlee56 -

Now, are you saying that some guys really get into modifying their RVs and don't know when to stop? :confused:

Now, I wonder who that would be? :D

Ron

hankpage
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Azlee56 -

Now, are you saying that some guys really get into modifying their RVs and don't know when to stop? :confused:

Now, I wonder who that would be? :D

Ron

I have no idea .... Oh Lord of the underbelly. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1108

michol02
11-16-2012, 08:53 PM
You stop doing mods long enough to buy a new rig and start all over again. That's how it works......right? LOL

kimrb266
02-02-2013, 09:29 PM
This mod is 1st on my list to do in our Springdale. Our trailer's color scheme is so dark that we want to lighten it up by making slipcovers for the dinette & sofa pillows. Taking off the ugly, dark boarder will lighten it up too.

Thanks for posting.

RJ&S
03-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Julie,

None at all. It came off completely clean. Most of it came off in one strip. Where it met windows I used a knife to score it before pulling it. It looks like the wallpaper went under the window frame. Here is a pic without the border:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_69159_0_2f784b9054e9e7cec823f4bfd2945ed8.jpg
Wow, that looks great! We just bought a 2012 Springdale with some gosh awful border. It looks like it belongs in a 1970's Motel 6. I can't wait to get the blow dryer out and get it removed.

Maxine51334
08-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I tried heating my border to get it off . There is a lot is sticky residue left on the wall,so I panicked and stuck it back down.
How long did you have to hold the hair dryer on the paper ?
My camper is a 2002 so the border has been on a bit !!
Any other suggestions on how to get it off

gregrc75
08-04-2013, 05:04 PM
I tried heating my border to get it off . There is a lot is sticky residue left on the wall,so I panicked and stuck it back down.
How long did you have to hold the hair dryer on the paper ?
My camper is a 2002 so the border has been on a bit !!
Any other suggestions on how to get it off

Not very long at all. Maybe a min or two at first and then slowly peeled as I applied the heat. I just moved down the wall and pulled while using the blow dryer, didn't stop really, just kept moving slow. Maybe they didn't use a lot of adhesive on mine. I cleaned the wall after with a mild mix of powdered TSP and water. Came out clean and no sticky film!

Maxine51334
08-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Wish mine came off that easy !! I swear it is a half inch think under the paper.
Got the paper off around the slide,now to get the sticky off. I have tried everything,snd so far nothing is working

kimrb266
08-11-2013, 08:44 PM
This is going to be our next mod. We've already made seat covers for the dinette and pillow covers for sofa. We also added a slipcover over the bottom half of the sofa. We replaced the cheap looking bathroom faucet with one that matches the accessories in the trailer and looks nice now.

In looking at others' mod's, my list is growing. DH will like that;)

gregrc75
08-12-2013, 12:25 PM
I would love to see some photos if you can!

kimrb266
08-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I would love to see some photos if you can!

I took some pictures before DH took the RV to storage, we need to find out how to post them. Is it easy?

fla-gypsy
08-12-2013, 07:13 PM
How is the new moulding attached? That is a great mod. I hate the paper border

gregrc75
08-14-2013, 04:36 PM
How is the new moulding attached? That is a great mod. I hate the paper border

I used some small dollops of Liquid Nails in the back and used my brad nailer every 2 feet or so to hold it in place while the adhesive set up. I covered the tiny nail head holes with one of those stain sticks that looks like a crayon or colored pencil. It took less time than it sounds.