PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Flakes

Brantlaker
10-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I getting some things out of the basement when i noticed some aluminum flakes on the top of a bin it was by the front bulkhead center. I crawled in and looked around at the weld joints and they all seemed OK. no viable cracks or bad weld joints. I just got back from a 800 mile trip. This is the first time that I noticed it there wasn't any after my trip 5 weeks ago (2,500 miles. Any thoughts ???:confused:

cjensen91910
10-04-2012, 01:12 PM
How old is the coach? I still find old drill residue (alloy flakes) and mine has been around quite awhile now. They vibrate out of the overhead structure.

mhs4771
10-04-2012, 02:11 PM
X2, don't think you can ever own a rig long enough to work all that stuff our. Sawdust and other stuff seems to work it's way out forever.

hankpage
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Yep, just like the sawdust in the light fixtures, the metal chips from the self drilling screws will live on forever. They should change the carpet in the basement to a silver color and no one would see the chips.

Brantlaker
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I have had it only 5 months and have put about 5,000 miles on it. I will be going to Hardeeville,SC in 2 weeks to store it for the winter.This is my first new RV the last 2 were 4 or 5 years old when i got them.My wife worries about things like this.I worked in the auto/truck service most of my life and I thought that's what it was doesn't hurt to ask. I always figure the only stupid question is the one not asked.(tx)

cjensen91910
10-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Had mine for a long time and I STILL get sawdust in the overhead lights now and then...

lorax614
10-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Just removed my electrical panel/converter to get at a plumbing penetration so I could seal around it with foam. Damn mice! You wouldent believe ( or maybe you would" How much sawdust-metaldust-foamdust-wire tie tails and other nonsense was in the dead space behind the panel. If I did a job and left all that junk behind (I never would) boy would I catch it from my boss or the client. Oh well now to just figure out how to use all that "dead space" I just found.:)

Bushman512000
10-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Just be glad there not corn flakes lol or there would be Mouse flakes also lol Bushman:eek: