PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Hornet model

rickyict
10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Wife & I are looking at purchasing a 2012 Keystone Hornet tt. The dealer that we have been working with stated that they will not carry the Hornet after the 2012 model year. Was wondering if anyone has heard if the Hornet is being discontinued or if this was strictly a decision by the dealer not to carry that perticular model. The tt that we are looking at fits our wants almost to a tee, but we are curious as to why the dealer's decision to no longer carry it.

fla-gypsy
10-03-2012, 06:50 PM
This line has been switched to the Hideout which was originally just a model within the Hornet line. Hornet was a brand that belonged to Damon at one time and was bought up by Keystone.

lorax614
10-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Our 2013 Hideout is labled "By Hornet"

rickyict
11-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Okay, so we went ahead and purchased the Hornet. I thought it was a good deal after doing quite a bit of research. We were torn between the Hornet and a Bullet - the wierd thing was the Hornet was more trailer than the Bullet for less money (maybe because they were trying to get rid of the last ones that they had). We went for the maiden voyage last weekend and loved it. It pulled great even with my 1500 ExtCab (had to adjust the brake controller a couple of times) but all in all it was good. Hopefully will have more good times next spring.

Outbackmel
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM
This was our first RV ownership experience since retiring. Bought it used fom a couple who treated it very well; a few trips to FL from GA mountains and traded to new 2011 Outback 5er. Hornet did the job very well. I modified the bunk house on one side by removing the bunks and making half of the room as a play station area with a rocker play station chair and it was cool for our handicapped son for those 2 years, privacy and lot's of use. I saved all of the materials removed in the modification and paid a carpenter $200 to reinstall at trade in.

The Outback is the 36ft, 329FBH, triple slide. What sold us was at my age, ease of hook up of a 5er. AND as stated, a separate bunk house in the front separated by living space and a rear master makes life easy and fun for our family. We spent 3 months last winter in AZ and we were never, not once, crowded for space. It was a GREAT experience. This winter we are going to the west coast of FL for at least Feb if not longer.

These RV's are enjoyable escapes.

Sometimes you need to change, just for change! "bouncey:

richf28
11-25-2012, 03:07 AM
We have a 2011 Hornet 28rls. We love it. Been problem free. We use it aboit every weekend and I snowbird with it in the winter in Florida and have plenty of space and storage.

fla-gypsy
11-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I love my low cost high value Hornet and it has been a great unit for 7 years.

Budman57
03-01-2013, 08:48 PM
We have had a Hornet for several years. Overall, a good trailer, but have had several leaking issues. Both the front and back as well as around the slideout. So far, I have remedied the slideout and the front, but have not tackled the rear problems. Quite a bit of rotted wood, not only on the interior wood, but the framing as well. Not too happy about it, but ya gotta deal with it.

Free advice........... get a slide topper before the leaks start...... because they WILL start.