PDA

View Full Version : axle specs?

tomsws6
10-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know were I can find out what size axles are on a sprinter 323bhs? Does Keystone just use a standard axle across the board? Are they 7k lb axles? thanks

327fls
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Crawl underneath and look at the tag. I'm going to guess here, and say that you will have al-ko 5200# axles. That is what I have and our trailers gross the same weight--11,200 minus tongue weight equals weight on axles.

SteveC7010
10-02-2012, 02:02 PM
The only way to be sure is to examine the axles. Supposedly, Keystone also uses Dexter's in addition to the Al-Ko's.

If your trailer came through with a build sheet and the build sheet is still in the paperwork, the axles might be listed there which would save a trip under the trailer.

hankpage
10-02-2012, 05:24 PM
The axle ratings should be on the label on the front drivers side of the trailer along with dry weight and GVWR, vin#, tire pressure and build date. The metal tags attached to the axles themselves will give you ratings and manufacturer also.

CWtheMan
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
RV trailer axles are one of the mysteries many owners encounter when researching the actual equipment their trailer has been delivered with.

The DOT regulations for RV trailer axle certification directs the vehicle manufacturer to set GAWR so the vehicle’s GVWR will not be exceeded.

This is most often seen when 7000# axles have been used. Once the trailer has been built and the GVWR has been determined the 7000# axles may have to degraded to a lower GAWR. I’ve seen them as low as 6750#. Of course any axle can be degraded by the vehicle manufacturer to ensure it is mathematically accurate at the time of first sale.

Tire selection is determined by the RV trailer’s certified GAWR.

CW

fla-gypsy
10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
My Hornet has Al-Ko 5200# which easily exceeds the GVWR of the TT.