PDA

View Full Version : Dinette Table unstable in Fuzion 342

jprandkpr
10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Hi to everyone. This is our first Keystone product. We just took delivery of a 2013 Fuzion 342 Toy Hauler. There are so many things we really like about this unit. But there is one thing I would like to change. If you check out this model on the Keystone website, you will see pictures of a dinette table with a 3 post floor mount. We also saw this in a unit we checked out at a dealer in AZ. But when we bought ours in CA, we quickly realized they gave us another freestanding dinette table like the picnic table in the garage dinette, to use in the living room. This is very wobbly and I foresee many spilled drinks in the living room when you get in and out of the dinette. I emailed Keystone and never got a good answer about why the change. They said it could have been to save weight or a price point change. So some have a floor mounted table and others have a free standing one. Just sounds weird to me. So it seems like I should be able to change the existing table back to a 3 post mount. When I asked Keystone they responded with "Keystone does not recommend any additions or modifications to our units."
So it looks like I'm not going to get any help from them. It would be nice to have a template which shows where to put the floor mounts. Incidentally, in the Keystone pictures, it shows the floor mounts in the main floor and not in the slide. Has anyone done this? I already did a search without much luck.
Thanks in advance.

Shoes
01-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I am just looking at purchasing a 342 and I felt exactly the same about the table. I think that I am going to machine a better flat base that has some weight to it and attach it to the existing fold away legs on the table.

Festus2
01-11-2013, 12:22 PM
The reason why Keystone would tell you not to make any modifications or additions to their RV's is regarding a warranty issue. You can make changes after the first year and by doing so, would not be subject to any warranty limitations. If you are concerned enough about "violating" the conditions of the 1 year warranty, wait for a year and then go ahead with these changes to the dinette. Or, if this isn't an issue, go ahead with your plans.
Check your owner's manual, read over the warranty exclusions and confirm what it says about modifications.

suza
06-01-2013, 02:02 PM
When we were shopping for our Cougar, we had a choice of the U-shaped dinette with a freestanding table or a wooden pedestal table with freestanding chairs. I thought the freestanding table/dinette was a good idea because you could also use the table in the living room or outside and the dinette booth gave additional sleeping space. Once I tried the U-shaped dinette, I thought otherwise. The legs made it very hard to get into and seating 4 people would be very awkward. I'm so glad my husband liked the table and freestanding chairs. We do have an issue with the table wobbling, but the dealer hopes to remedy this by replacing the attaching screws. Even if this doesn't permanently solve the problem, which I expect might be the case (after reading other posts), a little bit of table wobble is much better than dealing with sitting around the legs of the free standing table.

joeyb
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I have the same problem. first the table is very heavy and it takes two to raise and lower. It did tip on us as my son got up and put weight on the edge and over it goes. We are hoping that we can raise the feet in front for more balance but are not camping again till july. My husband found great permanent legs and the top slides 7 inches in each direction so you can adjust it. (www.dicorproducts.com/catalog/tables/pedestal-tables/cosmo-table-pedestal/) It does not look like they sell it to the public only to dealers. we are still researching it. we were told it was made removable because people like to remove the table completely for a sofa area, or use the table outside. If I can't fixed the problem in july our next trip nov it will have permanent adjustable legs one way or another. other than that I totally love our camper. This is the answer to the unstable table

BeaverRZR
06-01-2013, 03:56 PM
The tables they provide are bulky and heavy. Unstable to boot. We removed them immediatly and bought two tables from costco. Sturdy, work great ouside, and light. Adjustable hieght too! They are similar to this, only 4'
http://www.costco.com/Lifetime%c2%ae-6'-Adjustable-Utility-Table.product.11528791.html