PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Shelf

jsmith948
10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Our Cougar 282res has a small medicine cabinet and the only place to store our shampoos, deodorants and other toiletries was on the floor of the sink vanity (alongside the toilet brush and chemicals) or out in the hallway in the bottom of the linen closet. Installed a shelf under the sink using 1/2 x 1 1/2 Red Oak for the frame and 5/16 plywood for the shelf. The frame is attached to the 3/4 x 3/4 cabinet corner frames with pocket screws. The shelf is free floating so that it can be removed to access the plumbing.

Mighty Ming
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Nice addition. I'm sure others will copy / use your idea. Tks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Guy
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Great idea. Looks good.

lorax614
10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Nice job. Looks like the stain color matches perfectly"bouncey:

michol02
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Looks great j. When I ran out of room under my sink and that pathetic little shelf in the shower, I bought 2 plastic shelves from Walmart, tie wrapped them together, and hung them in the shower. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/02/etybegyr.jpg

a1albert
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Looks real nice, I copied the pics for my winter projects.
Thanks
Albert

jsmith948
10-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Thanks for the responses.
FYI, all of the parts were sanded to 150 grit, sealed with Minwax pre-stain sealer, and stained with 2 applications Minwax "Gunstock".:)

AlCorr
10-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Nice job, now I have another project this winter.

wgb1
10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Great job! I sorta did the same thing at the top of the wardrobes. Had several cubic feet of empty useless space above the hanger bar. Not any more! At any rate. I have always hated the areas under a sink because of all the pipes. You made it look good and more useful.

NWTTrailer
10-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Very nice. Looks like it was installed by the factory.:thumbsup:

shebarber
04-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Good Idea, I think I will use it.

:eek:We mostly love our 282RES. We have been on the road 4 weeks and cabinet doors have pulled off, 3 blinds have broke. Now the outer skin on the bottom has pulled through the bolts. My husband is fixing that right now in Gallup, New Mexico.

Major components work fine. Other stuff is just barely assembled. How was yours?

jsmith948
04-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Good Idea, I think I will use it.

:eek:We mostly love our 282RES. We have been on the road 4 weeks and cabinet doors have pulled off, 3 blinds have broke. Now the outer skin on the bottom has pulled through the bolts. My husband is fixing that right now in Gallup, New Mexico.

Major components work fine. Other stuff is just barely assembled. How was yours?

We have been lucky so far. One trip back to the dealer when the L/H slide would not extend (fixed under warranty). Had some minor stuff such as loose/stripped screws which I repaired - I actually enjoy tinkering with our new toy - Trailair equalizers had defective rubber 'bumpers' - lippert shipped new replacements - I installed when upgrading the suspension with a wet bolt kit. We really like the room afforded by the opposing slides. Just the DW, me and our 100 lb Yellow Lab so we feel we have lots of room. Life is good:)

shebarber
04-22-2013, 06:49 AM
We were pretty disappointed with the all the misc things coming apart. But the more I read, It looks like we should count our blessings. Which we do. It's just my Honey me, and two German Short Hairs, 70 lb and 50 lb. So we have plenty of room. We were moving up from a Bronco, pop up camper. The first time I walked in and saw the opposing slides I said this is it. Thanks for sharing.