PDA

View Full Version : shaking trailer

lorax614
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Our Hideout 26B has bunks in the rear, whenever my daughter, who sleeps in the top bunk rolls over the whole trailer rocks.If she get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night it feels like an earth quake. I use wood blocks under the jacks to keep the extension less and put pretty good pressure on them, just enough to make them solid, not enough to raise the trailer up. The shaking is all side to side, nothing front to back. I've seen "braces" in the cw catalog, does anyone use these and if so do you think they would help me out.(tx)

SteveC7010
09-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Our Hideout 26B has bunks in the rear, whenever my daughter, who sleeps in the top bunk rolls over the whole trailer rocks.If she get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night it feels like an earth quake. I use wood blocks under the jacks to keep the extension less and put pretty good pressure on them, just enough to make them solid, not enough to raise the trailer up. The shaking is all side to side, nothing front to back. I've seen "braces" in the cw catalog, does anyone use these and if so do you think they would help me out.(tx)

Use the search function here on "steadyfast" (without the quotes.) There are several extensive threads on the topic. The answers you seek are already here.

FWIW, I installed the SteadyFast on our Cougar and love it.

2011 keystone
09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
bal x-chock's help alot.

rrohrer
09-29-2012, 08:32 AM
you are not alone. just found out getting bonus from work so ordering the jt's stabilizers from tweetys. 300 bucks delivered.

Dutch & Di
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
We have used our Plug It Right stabilizers for over 6 years and have been happy campers ever since. Hugs, Di