PDA

View Full Version : New to forum - Wanting Info on Electric Jacks

Just Jonesin'
09-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Started out with a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 and a 2001 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2602. Went to a dealer just to see how the new ones look. Ended up buying a 2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Due to the weight, also get a 2006 F350 TD Dually.

My new camper came with a manual jack, looking at buying an electric jack. Just not sure which one I need. Looking at the Husky Brute 3000lbs. Figured it would be enough. Any info would help. (tx)

cathcartww
09-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Don't know much about the Husky, but I think with these jacks you pretty much get what you pay for.

A power tongue jack was the best option we ever installed. Makes hooking up the weight distributing hitch a piece of cake. We bought a cheap Venture brand jack for our last trailer, but it failed within a year or so. We replaced it with a Barker which was much more substantial and held up well. Our new trailer happened to come with exactly the same jack, so we are happy campers.

CincyGus
10-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Barker fan here also. I would suggest the longer travel of the options if you are using w/d hitch. I think they come in 18" and 24" travels. I have the 18" and wish I had the 24" as I have to sometimes use wood under it to get enough height to easily hookup the weight distribution bars if the front end is on a downgrade, which my driveway is. Not a big deal, just a hassle at times.