PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Jack Foot Pad

rosede
09-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Why don't campers come with a tongue jack foot pad? The only ones that I've seen with a foot pad are the electric tongue jacks. I have not seen a manual crank tongue jack that came with a foot pad.

Anyway....I want to add a tongue jack foot pad to my camper. Does Keystone make one that will fit, or can I use this one that I found at Camping World?

BAL Tongue Jack Short Foot Pad (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/bal-tongue-jack-short-foot-pad/18017)

Thank you.

Daryl

camper 2010
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
About 20 years ago, when I purchased my first new trailer, they all came with the foot pad. Now I don't think any does. All the after market pads should fit.

Jay D
09-25-2012, 04:15 PM
I welded a after market one on the bottom of my manual crank jack. It's been over 2 years now.

hankaye
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
rosede, Howdy;

My last trailer had one of those. I still used a 2 foot long chunk
of 8"X8" to give it a bigger footprint and so's I wouldn't have so
far to crank before I hit something solid.

hankaye

rosede
09-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Hey, thanks for all of the feed back.

I was going to order the one that I seen on Camping World. Its only $12, but shipping was $14. WHAT!??! I think not. I'm not going to pay more for shipping that what the items is worth. I'll just keep my eyes open for something else. I'm sure that I'll find something local.

Thanks.

Daryl

SteveC7010
09-26-2012, 05:15 AM

I was going to order the one that I seen on Camping World. Its only $12, but shipping was $14. WHAT!??! I think not. I'm not going to pay more for shipping that what the items is worth. I'll just keep my eyes open for something else. I'm sure that I'll find something local.

Thanks.

Daryl

Keep an eye on Ebay, too. There are many good deals to be had with little or no shipping charges.

Javi
09-26-2012, 05:23 AM

Thanks.

Daryl

You can most likely find one at your local boat dealer, utility trailer dealer or Harbor Freight..

Jay D
09-26-2012, 06:43 AM
I paid maybe $10 at my local RV store.

hankaye
09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
rosede, Howdy;

If you have a buddy that handy with a welder
have him/her cut a circle (6" dia.), from some 1/4"
plate and weld a sectiom of pipe on it that fits snugly
inside your down tube from the jack, drill a hole
run a bolt and nut (with a few washers), done...

hankaye

PS. I'd still use the chunk of wood...

audio1der
09-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking of adding one of these as our first mod:
http://www.rvupgradestore.com/Fastway-Flip-Jack-Foot-p/94-7433.htm

Will still use some wood for a wider footprint, but won't have to crank down very far at all.