PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from texas

Seamore43
09-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi all and so glad to have found ya'll!! We are new to the 5er family. Graduated from a pop-up camper to a new to us Keystone Laredo and loving it. Took our first trip this weekend and left our home with the steps down. After hitting a truck before we got out of our neighborhood, we were on the road!! Had a great weekend and looking forward to many more, just need to find a new set of steps! I bet we don't make that mistake again...Thanks to everyone for the great information on this site and looking forward to learning a lot more from you all!

KanTC
09-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Welcome from southern NM & a fellow Laredo owner! :wave:

... left our home with the steps down. After hitting a truck before we got out of our neighborhood, we were on the road!!...
Ouch! :surprise:

Well... the good news is you've got your first "Oooops Moment" under your belt, and the bad news is
you need new steps! You can get replacement steps through your dealer, and/or some RV supply stores
(like Camping World) might sell the same ones.

PS... many owners use a 'Check List' when breaking camp/ready to leave --> "lower TV antenna" &
"raise steps" are two of the common items on the list. Has saved us a few times over the years!

Happy trails & travel safe...
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin :)

Bushman512000
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
ask around where You live maby a RV salvage yard close. There are lots of them all over the place.Some auto junker yards may be a place to ask they may know or have a few wrecks them self.Used is as good as new if checked over and priced right.Remember heavy to ship cost $$$$...Good luck Bushman:D

Seamore43
09-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks to you both! Yes, I have been home a few days and the first thing I did when returning was to make a "let's go" checklist! I have heard they save a few folks from these kinds of incidents!! Oh well, live and learn.
Safe travels to all!

Kristi

W5WI
09-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Howdy and welcome aboard! Great folks and lots of good information!

Family_5ers
09-19-2012, 10:50 AM
:wlcm:to the board, I've found this to be a great site and resource. Too bad about those steps. :banghead:

2011 keystone
09-19-2012, 11:10 AM
:wlcm: To the group from WV