PDA

View Full Version : "Heads Up" from California

jsmith948
09-16-2012, 05:51 AM
We recently received a solicitation in the mail from a Tort Law Form informing us that, if we had recently purchased an RV and had unresolved warranty issues after 3 repair attempts, we might qualify for relief in the form of monetary compensation or replacement of the unit. The thrust of the mailer was for us to hire this firm to represent us in any claims we might pursue. The DW shredded the mailer and I'm afraid I don't remember all of the details. (name of the firm)
At first blush, this may sound okay to some folks. However, my concern regarding this issue is that, if the Tort Lawyers have decided to take the RV industry on as its new "cash cow", the resultant increase in the cost of doing business will be passed along to the consumer (you and me) by the RV manufacturers.
I'm sure that we weren't the only recipient of this mailer - just thought it would be good to put the word out to all -FWIW:)

JRTJH
09-16-2012, 08:10 AM
In the ocean, sharks tend to be the clean up crew, taking care of all the rotten crap. There are no sharks in fresh water, nature provided catfish to clean up the rotten stuff. Since lawyers live in or near fresh water, I'd refer to them as "catfish" rather than sharks..... can you say: "bottom dwelling scum suckers" ??? JMHO