PDA

View Full Version : CC fifth wheel cable TV question

Firescooby
09-14-2012, 12:20 PM
First trip with this camper.

One the back of the camper is a cable jack and beside it a phone jack that says "Satellite prep" above it. I have plugged the camper into this cable jack. (Note: it says the satellite prep above the phone jack)

Now I cannot get either inside TV to work. A TV run straight from the campground cable works fine.

The bunkhouse TV has two cable jacks. One with two outlets and a 4" jumper cable. The other has a single with a push button switch that says "on and off" and a green light that comes on when pushed.

The main TV is "built in" and all the cables go into the wall and I am unable to see the connection or anything.

Can someone tell me how to make the this work?

Thanks

pjhansman
09-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm going to guess that the single outlet with the green light is for your regular antenna.....the green light indicates that the amplifier is on.

I really don't understand the phone jack outside. On our rig the outlet labeled "sat prep" is also a coax connection.....that's where I feed the signal from my sat dish.

geo
09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Punch the button to turn the green light off. That's your antenna booster. The booster and cable to not play well together. Set the TV input to Cable and resample the channels.

Ron