PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Hawk RV Park

Smiggle
09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Has anyone stayed at Kitty Hawk RV Park? Liked it?

Any suggestions for other campgrounds in the Outer banks with hookups?

Thanks

f350chief
09-12-2012, 10:12 AM
I have stayed at Camp Hatteras in Waves, NC several times. I have stayed during the middle of summer and I have been there the day after Christmas. It is a good campground and I would stay there again without a problem. They have an indoor heated pool for winter and an outdoor pool for the summer, game rooms, store and a super nice staff. The campground is about 25 to 30 miles south of Kitty Hawk.

mhs4771
09-23-2012, 03:01 PM
From what I remember, Kitty Hawk is pretty tight, as in not much room, but have never stayed there. Have stayed at Cape Hatteras KOA, but then found Ocean Waves just a 1/4 mile further down the road. Small park and not all the fancy features of Camp Hatteras or the KOA but then it's less than half the price for full hook-ups. Remember once you cross the sand dune it's all the same ocean.

Smiggle
09-24-2012, 06:32 AM
We ended up @ frisco woods . Great
Place. Campsite right on the sound. We also went through the nps frisco campground and hoPe to camP there. Beautiful location and huge private sites. Willing to sacrifice hookups .

cathcartww
09-24-2012, 03:06 PM
We ended up @ frisco woods . Great
Place. Campsite right on the sound .

Never stayed at Kitty Hawk, but from driving by it, it looks like the sites are really tight. We love OBX, and where you decide to stay depends on what you like to do - Kitty Hawk/Nags Head is fully developed complete with big box stores and every kind of tourist attraction you can think of.

Down Hatteras Island to Waves/Salvo you have the the full service RV parks mentioned above, and you are right over the dunes from the beach.

We like to drive on the beach and surf fish, so we head all the way down to Frisco and stay waterfront on the sound side at Frisco Woods. More layed back than Waves/Salvo, but everything you need including miles of beach nearby.

The Federal Campgrounds mentioned are also very nice, but no hookups at all.

StacyB
09-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Most of Kitty Hawk is permanent sites, it is very tight. Camp Hatteras is our favorite but St. Clairs and Waves are very nice also. Both of those are on Hatteras Island.

crash
11-29-2012, 06:24 AM
We have always liked the hatteras koa ,its quite and the people are so nice ,it seems here lately we go two times a year and from year to year its alomst like going to a new campground with all the hurricanes coming thru there rearanging everthing.