PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Springdale 247FWRLLS

TomHaycraft
09-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Just purchased this Springdale, nice size for DW and I, good match for my TV.

When washing the trailer after the shake-down camping trip, noted some bubbling on the surface of the fiberglass, along the "driver's side" front edge. I've asked the dealer for their thoughts on underlying cause and typical progression if they've seen something like this before.

I'd like to open this up to this forum. I have a year on the warranty to watch, see if it progresses. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

JRTJH
09-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Looks quite probably to be water intrusion under the corner molding. I'd be more concerned with the wooden frame under the fiberglass as it is much more sensitive to damage from the wet environment than the fiberglass would be. However, if it were my "new" trailer, I'd want it repaired before the warranty expired.

happytrails
09-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Looks quite probably to be water intrusion under the corner molding. I'd be more concerned with the wooden frame under the fiberglass as it is much more sensitive to damage from the wet environment than the fiberglass would be. However, if it were my "new" trailer, I'd want it repaired before the warranty expired.

I second this!

SAABDOCTOR
09-11-2012, 06:10 AM
x3 Don't wait!!

2011 keystone
09-11-2012, 06:13 AM
X4 to much money to let this go any further.

zippy
09-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Got a 2012 Passport Grand Touring with same problem all over the front cap and some spots on the rear panel. Mine is not a water issue I beleive it is was caused by the heat. And yes mine is only 3 months old also and has been at the dealer waiting on keystone to make decision on who or how to fix it for 2 weeks. If yours turns out like mine you will develop small cracks in the bubbles. Wish I had taken photos before I carried it to the dealer.

hankpage
09-11-2012, 12:18 PM
X 5 .. Get it fixed NOW. It can only get worse over time. JMhttp://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1121

TomHaycraft
09-11-2012, 03:53 PM
X 5 .. Get it fixed NOW. It can only get worse over time. JMhttp://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1121

To Hank and everyone else who so kindly responded. It is unanimous.

(tx)

No response to the e-mail and photos I sent to the dealer yesterday, time for a phone call. :banghead: <I'm practicing!>

I will keep folks posted on how this plays out. Initial thought was to do it over the winter, but here in Central Texas, I can camp 12 months out of the year.

Thanks again.

Tom

happytrails
09-12-2012, 04:27 AM
To Hank and everyone else who so kindly responded. It is unanimous.

(tx)

No response to the e-mail and photos I sent to the dealer yesterday, time for a phone call. :banghead: <I'm practicing!>

I will keep folks posted on how this plays out. Initial thought was to do it over the winter, but here in Central Texas, I can camp 12 months out of the year.

Thanks again.

Tom

Something I have learned and not just from campers, make sure you record EVERYTHING in a log book. Each phone call, each picture, get the person's name, write down the time and date, DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT EEEEEVVVVVEEERRRRRRYYYYYYTTTHHHHHIIINNNNGGGGG!!!

SAABDOCTOR
09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Happy trails that is great advice. sure hope it all works out. wow camping 12 months a year i would get less than nothing done:eek:

TomHaycraft
11-13-2012, 04:24 AM
Quick update on post that started this thread.

Picture that I originally attached, dealer in Abilene, TX (shout out to Franklin's Big Country RV!) forwarded the picture to Keystone, warranty approved, nose replaced last week. Very easy. Pulled trailer back home last weekend (well behaved with 30 mph cross winds!) and she looks great. Brought her up one Saturday, back the next.

A real confidence builder for me in Keystone, but can't thank Franklin's enough. Well worth the two 430 mile round trips up and back on US-183 from Central Texas. Franklin's was more personable than the big mega-dealer (not CW) just 20 minutes from my house.

Ready for our next trip, down to Kemah and Clear Lake (TX) to see family for Thanksgiving weekend.

2011 keystone
11-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Thats good news so glad they took care of you.