PDA

View Full Version : Hello from another 5th wheel rookie

highrider
09-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I have been lurking for a little while on the forum while we have been shopping for an upgrade to our '92 lance truck camper.

I tend to be quite meticulous in my online research and found (IMO) that keystone seem to have one of the best reps in the 5th wheel world. I quickly found that keystone was the brand I wanted and the cougar line seemed to fill our needs. We just picked up a used 2008 Cougar 289bhs for a great deal and are very excited about the space we now have for our family while camping.

I look forward to figuring out the quirks of this beast (and all that goes with it), but we are already impressed with how well it presents itself and all the 'luxuries' we have been missing out on!!!

I am quite comfortable towing this thing, as I have towed trailers of all sizes plenty and the mechanics of it all make perfect sense to me, but I know there is a lot to get to know.

Thanks in advance for any advice I will no doubt pick up from you all.

Simon.

Ron
09-09-2012, 10:12 PM
:wlcm: to the forum and enjoy the Cougar, any questions just ask away, there are plenty of Cougar owners on here as you have found. Happy Campin......Ron

Bushman512000
09-10-2012, 04:18 AM
Hi From Canada welcome also Bushman

DJ85
09-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome highrider from a fellow 5 the wheel rookie. Trust me can learn a lot from the members on this site. :)

Festus2
09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Simon -
Welcome to the forum from another Cougar owner --- we have almost the identical units. So far, we have been very pleased with it and it has been virtually trouble-free since we purchased it new.
Enjoy and travel safely.

RockyMtnHi2
09-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Welcome "neighbor". Enjoy your new fifth wheel - sounds great!