PDA

View Full Version : Vermont RV Campgrounds

Mac123
09-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Vermont RV Campgrounds: Looking for recommendations for clean, spacious, dog friendly camping. Which places should be avoided and which are recommended?:)

Scottinvt
09-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Lake Bomeseen campground is great. Also if your close to Lake George Ny there are lots of them that are per friendly.

lorax614
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
We recently stayed a few night at Limehurst Lake Campground in Williamstown. A really nice place.

harpoon
09-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Lake Champagne campground in Randolph Center is centrally located in the state and within reasonable driving distance of pretty much anywhere. We stayed there and visited Stowe, Waterbury (home of Ben and Jerry's ice cream), Texas Falls, as well as a few other places. This campground is very clean, picturesque, QUIET, and the sites are good-sized. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for these features. The owners are nice, too!

PS: The picture in my sig was taken there.

SkiSmuggs
02-04-2013, 11:40 AM
We've stayed at Lone Pine CG in Colchester near Burlington. Nice CG but too close to the I-89 for us.
Rest and Nest in East Thetford is nice and the grandkids loved it!
Able Mountain CG in Randolph is great. It got wiped out by Irene and has recovered.
And there is the Goldbrook CG in Stowe, but we've not stayed there as it is too close to home, but I believe it is year round.

deadeye
02-05-2013, 04:45 AM
We have stayed at Sugar Ridge in Danville and Tree Corners and liked both of them.
Sugar Ridge had Horse drawn wagon rides for the kids on the week ends

curlyfungirl
02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Lake Champagne campground in Randolph Center is centrally located in the state and within reasonable driving distance of pretty much anywhere. We stayed there and visited Stowe, Waterbury (home of Ben and Jerry's ice cream), Texas Falls, as well as a few other places. This campground is very clean, picturesque, QUIET, and the sites are good-sized. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for these features. The owners are nice, too!

PS: The picture in my sig was taken there.

Are you sure that it's "Lake Champagne"??? When I was going to school in Vermont, we were taught that it is Lake Champlain.:confused:

Outbackmel
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm in!! Sounds to me a lot like Hotel California ... only in the case of Lake Champagne, you may never WANT to leave "bouncey:

GaryWT
02-14-2013, 05:47 PM
The campground is not near the lake... 2 different places

Anyway, glad to hear it, my son just got into Vermont Tech so if he ends up going there, we might want to use the campground.

We have stayed at Quichee KOA and loved it there, we were in the lower section, the owners were great.

curlyfungirl
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
We agree that Queeche Gorge is a great place to stay. Was the Campground affected by the flooding a few years ago? When we stayed there, we were lowly tenters. We just drooled over the big beautiful rigs. I can't believe that we own one now lol.:)