PDA

View Full Version : First Post - Bothell WA

diesel_grizz
09-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Greetings,

I just completed the paperwork and will pick up my 2012 Keystone Passport 2910BH on Monday...

We upgraded from a tent trailer to the new Keystone, and can't wait to use it...

The question I have is... Is there anything you would pass on to a first time large trailer owner? Anything you learned the hard way you would like to share?

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to exploring the forum and learning all about the Keystone products.

Festus2
09-04-2012, 08:42 PM
My advice would be to get your hands on the pre-delivery inspection checklist which is available to you on this forum. To obtain it, simply go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum, find the sticky titled "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist", download and print it off. Next, I would become familiar with its contents and add any other items or questions you have for the dealer.
Take your time doing the walk-through and don't be pressured into hurrying this through this important, crucial step. You are making a large financial outlay and you need to be sure that EVERYTHING about your new purchase is in order. There may be things that need replacing or repair. Make sure you know where everything is located and how each item works.
We often hear from folks who didn't take the time to do a proper walk-through, did not ask and, of course, were not told. "I forgot to ask," is sometimes mentioned.
Finally, don't accept everything the salesman tells you without question and don't drive off the lot until you have a written statement that any items that need to be fixed or replaced or installed will be done to your satisfaction.
It's your money and your investment.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!

ls1mike
09-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Welcome. Where did you buy it from?

ocho nueve
09-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Advice? Trailers are different from cars: they can't be neglected. Pay attention to your inspection intervals, perform maintenance as necessary and your new baby will last you a long time!

2011 keystone
09-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Congrats on the new TT and welcome to the group.
My advice is ALWAYS have fun:wlcm:

diesel_grizz
09-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Welcome. Where did you buy it from?

Thanks everyone.. I purchased the TT from Apache RV. This is the 2nd trailer I've purchased from them and thus far they have done a good job.

ls1mike
09-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks everyone.. I purchased the TT from Apache RV. This is the 2nd trailer I've purchased from them and thus far they have done a good job.

It that pretty close to you guys? I picked my Passport up in Fife just off I-5. So far I have been pretty happy with it.

fla-gypsy
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the group