PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning

DocData757
09-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Has anyone cleaned there carpets (other than the spray and vac stuff) and, if so, what did you use and were you satisfied with the results?

We've been full timing in this since we got it, close to 2 years, and the carpets need it bad.

Thanks!

michol02
09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I rented a carpet cleaner from my local grocery store. It did a great job, and it dried fairly fast with the AC and a fan on. No floor warping or discoloration.

therink
09-05-2012, 02:35 AM
I rented a carpet cleaner from my local grocery store. It did a great job, and it dried fairly fast with the AC and a fan on. No floor warping or discoloration.

X2- I regularly rent a Rug Doctor type extraction machine. I use the upholstery tool for all tight spaces on floors and of course the upholstery. It works excellent and is part of my routine maintenance. No need to worry about water damage. Just make sure you don't oversoak the flooring.
Sreve

geo
09-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Dave -

Yes, we have cleaned our carpets, and you will be surprised at how much gunk you will get out of them. We used our Hoover Carpet Cleaner from the house. Steve offers some excellent advise - Don't oversoak the carpet! When I had to replace the kitchen linoleum, I saw what is under the carpet. The carpet has a loose weave backing. The pad is only a thin half inch. There is no moisture barrier between the pad and the plywood deck, though the deck does appear to be "outdoor rated" plywood. I still wouldn't soak it. We cleaned the carpet and were amazed at the black return water! We set two fans on it, along with the ceiling fan, and opened the ceiling vent fan. Ran these all night. After about 24 hours, went back and cleaned them again, repeated the drying process. If you miss a spot, it will be very obvious!

Now we wish that we had cleaned the carpets when it was fresh off the lot! That way the initial grime would have been gone and not worn into the carpet.

Ron

campingcpl
09-05-2012, 06:09 AM
We clean ours every spring with the steam cleaner we use in the house. We also steam clean all the upholstery. Everything is usally dried in a couple of hours with the windows and doors open.

azlee56
09-05-2012, 06:19 AM
I clean it every six months at least. I am a carpet person! I suck the water over and over to make sure I have it almost dry and then air dry. I also have a green machine that I use in the corners and it is great.

CWtheMan
09-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Here is a glimpse at the Dexter Axel warranty.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdexteraxle.com%2Fi%2Fu%2F6149609% 2Ff%2F9-15K_Catalog_5-12%2FWarranty_5-12.pdf&ei=RbFHUIH2ObC20QHqi4HQCw&usg=AFQjCNECH2xAtqc_4e9bO9lDjiVu61D0kQ

CW

SAABDOCTOR
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I too use a hover steamer on my rugs after a good vacum job. alyeska is a long hair malimute:eek: and for small areas i use simple green!:D ps my axels have never made the carpets dirty ha ha!

azlee56
09-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Ha! I kind of wondered what axles had to do with it, but I know it is a goof....unless this is how we have tests to see if we are paying attention.

Hichich
11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Has anyone cleaned there carpets (other than the spray and vac stuff) and, if so, what did you use and were you satisfied with the results?

We've been full timing in this since we got it, close to 2 years, and the carpets need it bad.

Thanks!

I think you must hire a expert carpet cleaning?

They can do steam cleaning for you're carpets to look new and great again :) ihope it helps