PDA

View Full Version : air bags

cunninghamjr
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
how much air should you run in the air bags i have a chevy 2500 and pull a 3750 ????

Jim W
09-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Everyone’s situation is different where I may use 30 Psi in the air bags you may need only 25 Psi for the same camper and load. What I would do is to measure the wheel well opening unloaded on level ground. Measure from the road surface to the top of the wheel well opening record this dimension. Now hook-up the camper and add enough air in to the bags to obtain this same opening dimension that you recorded.

This is a starting point you may want to lower and or raise the air pressure slightly to obtain a level ride with the camper attached and in a level towing position. Record the air pressure number that you use to raise the air bags. This is how I obtained my air pressure numbers.
Jim W.

mhs4771
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Just remember, air bags will only help bring your TV back to level, does nothing to increase the load capacity to carry the pin weight of that 3750, which very well could be pushing 3000 Lbs.

ls1mike
09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I could start another thread but how about porposing? I have some not bad but if I thought it would help it might be worth it.

Jim W
09-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I do not have that with a 5er and the TrailAir pin box that I installed. I did have some chucking with the standard Lippert pin box but the TrailAir eliminated the chucking.
Jim W.

Loader
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM
I could start another thread but how about porposing? I have some not bad but if I thought it would help it might be worth it.

Air springs (I use Air Lift)will help with this to some degree. Heavy-duty shocks will calm things down better. I use Rancho adjustable-ride shocks. I can crank them up stiff when towing and turn them down to a soft ride when unloaded. With remote controls, I can adjust the shocks and air spring psi from the cab.

ls1mike
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks Loader. The Porposing is not bad. I just towed a 5er before and was wondering what I could do to help it. I get no sway and it is smooth so I may first try shocks. I don't drive the truck daily. It is just for towing, Lowes and the dump.