PDA

View Full Version : New from MD...

ChrisV
09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Don't know why I took this long to sign up. I'm on my second travel trailer, a 2010 Outback 286FK, towed by a '94 3500 6.5 TD Chevy:

http://home.comcast.net/~cvetters3/camp5.jpg

This replaced the previous rig, a 2008 Travel Star hybrid:

http://home.comcast.net/~cvetters3/camp1.jpg

The outback is much more pleasant to set up, and easier to have the dogs with us in (more room for all of us) :D

Anyhow, I've had the Outback since new and it's been up to Saratoga Springs, NY and down to Charleston, SC a few times, as well as a lot of little trips around here locally. I'm hoping to learn a bit more about Outback specific repairs and maintenance, as well as some tips from other people with travel trailers on towing and tow rigs.

azlee56
09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
hi, I have been to Saratoga Springs to see a friend there a couple of times. You live in such a pretty area! (I love the McDonalds there). Glad you signed up. :-)

2011 keystone
09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
:wlcm: to the group.
BTW that is a nice truck.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Jim & Kay
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
:wlcm: to the forum from the mountains of Virginia. Glad to have you aboard.

fla-gypsy
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Glad you found us

ChrisV
09-05-2012, 05:24 AM
:wlcm: to the group.
BTW that is a nice truck.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

(tx) I only paid $2600 for the truck, needing a starter, front wiring harness (the PO had hacked up everything forward of the firewall), and brakes. I had it towed to my house where I replaced all that and now, about $500 later, it's towing all over the east coast. Just eats up the miles. I also had to hook up the turbo boost gauge and trans temp gauge that the PO had bought but never hooked up.

2011 keystone
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
(tx) I only paid $2600 for the truck, needing a starter, front wiring harness (the PO had hacked up everything forward of the firewall), and brakes. I had it towed to my house where I replaced all that and now, about $500 later, it's towing all over the east coast. Just eats up the miles. I also had to hook up the turbo boost gauge and trans temp gauge that the PO had bought but never hooked up.

I am never around to find a deal like that:banghead: