PDA

View Full Version : Dometic fridge: have to be absolutely level??

DennisT
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Trivia question: I do understand the refridgerators in TT's need to be level to run well. I'm told that if they run while the trailer is traveling down the road that is OK too, because the constant motion keeps the refridgerant happy.

So I just parked my Springdale 266 behind the house and my fore-and-aft setting is level. Side-to-side is off 1.5 inches. Bubble levels attached to trailer were put on while using a level placed, "inside," the fridge, on the bottom. (i.e., TT levels to fridge).

So just how level does the fridge need to be? Perfect, (ideally I guess), but would my 1.5 inch slope bother anything while parked?

Just wondering what you all do. I'm curious what the tolerance is.

Dennis

SAD
09-02-2012, 11:16 AM
3 degrees one way, 6 the other. Can't remember exactly which. Check your owners manual or check the Dometic/Norcold site online.

Basically if it's comfortable enough to walk around inside and doesn't feel like a whacky-shack, then it's good enough.

Paddler
09-02-2012, 11:57 AM
When we're parked on the street in front of our house the trailer is 3" lower on one side, no issues with the fridge.

Terrydactile
09-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Just run the low side up on a couple 2 X 8's and she'll be level and you won't have to worry about it.

DennisT
09-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Thank you. That says a slight slope will not likely be a problem as your street parking is a greater grade than this.

I'll be moving ours soon so there is no immediate concern. And I level it with blocks when required. But it does help now to have a little input so down the road I'll know how critical I'll have to be.

Thank you,
Dennis

SteveC7010
09-02-2012, 05:52 PM
If you'll use the search function, you'll find a lot of discussion threads on this exact topic with many details.