PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to fitted sheets on bunk mattresses

therink
08-26-2012, 05:08 AM
I am too cheap to pay for custom fitted bunk mattress sheets, so I came up with my own alternative. My bunk mattresses are 30" x 72". I found that a standard cheap sleeping bag fits perfectly zipped up with the mattress inside it. When dirty, simply remove and wash. It also provides another layer of cushion and is durable.
The kids don't sleep inside the bags anyway as they use blankets. It is also keeps the bed much neater and easier to make.
I thought I would pass this simple mod on to those interested.
Steve

Halibutman214
08-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I am too cheap to pay for custom fitted bunk mattress sheets, so I came up with my own alternative. My bunk mattresses are 30" x 72". I found that a standard cheap sleeping bag fits perfectly zipped up with the mattress inside it. When dirty, simply remove and wash. It also provides another layer of cushion and is durable.
The kids don't sleep inside the bags anyway as they use blankets. It is also keeps the bed much neater and easier to make.
Steve

Nice idea but I think we would rather wash sheets. We use sheet tightners on the bottom sheet making it up with the mattress off the bed. Then with the mattress on the bed wrap both the top sheet and the blanket all the way under the mattress until it just hangs over the side. It's a breeze to make up neatly each morning and my girls love it this way.

michol02
08-26-2012, 04:43 PM
That's a keen idea!!!:)

randy69
08-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Steve

I have boys and that is a great idea THANKS for the info.

Bushman512000
10-19-2012, 03:28 AM
But not needed no bunk beds lol Just one work bench..LOL..Bushman

Gee10677
08-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Omg great idea, thanks!!!

apr67
08-02-2013, 08:37 AM
I just use full sized flat sheets. and let the kids use them like a sleeping bag. Or they use their sleeping bag, their choice.

E597283
08-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I think my bunks are 32x74 and i outfitted all four bunks with the foam egg crate cushion the put a standard fitted sheet over it. Flip it over then with "alligators" clips from Bed Bath and Beyond pull the sides together for a tight fit.

paalleslie
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
These posts were exactly what I needed to know! I love the foam egg create is a great idea and I think I'm going to try to use it! We just bought a new Hideout with bunk beds. I can't wait to use it!!