WCW
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Be safe coastal friends

fla-gypsy
08-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Ppreparations under way in North Florida

reubenray
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
We are here at home waiting for Isaac to appear tomorrow.

byrdr1
08-28-2012, 06:13 AM
We are here at home waiting for Isaac to appear tomorrow.
You all be careful...
7 year anniversary of katrina.. be safe.
randy

fla-gypsy
08-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Isaac has finally reached hurricane strength. Batten down the hatches

reubenray
08-28-2012, 11:39 AM
So far we have not seen much here at home (35 miles NE of New Orleans). We could start getting some rain shortly. The wind has been gusting to around 22 MPH. We have plenty of everything including cold beer. When I see my next door neighbor who works for Entergy leave then I know the power outages has started.

Jim & Kay
08-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi Guys,
Our prayers go out to all the affected areas. Stay safe

volvosweetie
08-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Praying for all of you. Hope it isn't as bad as they predict. Stay safe. Praying Angels all around you guys.:)

reubenray
08-29-2012, 03:51 AM
We still have power and internet for now. The power has been flicking a lot more the last few hours. There has been some levees being topped South of New Orleans.

JRTJH
08-29-2012, 04:00 AM
I was talking to "old neighbors" north of New Orleans last night. So far, it's just a lot of rain and wind with some flooding on the North Shore. One of the unfortunate issues, profiteering or price gouging. They told me gas rose from $3.40 a gallon day before yesterday to $4.20 a gallon by last night. Here, in Michigan, gas rose from $3.90 to $4.09 at every station in our town about 2PM yesterday.

I wish our friends and neighbors along the entire Gulf Coast region good health and a safe outcome from this storm. But, it's not just the Gulf Coast that gets affected, pretty much we all do, to some extent, either by personal ties to the region or in other ways.

And I thought I was leaving "hurricane territory" 3 years ago when we moved north..... <sigh>

reubenray
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
We ended up losing our power around 7 this morning. I uncrated the new generator up and fired it up around Noon. It may be days or weeks before everyone gets their power back on. The power companies are not allowed out until the winds die down. Our neighbor that works for Entergy is still at home waiting for the word to go.

reubenray
08-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Our power was turned back on last night around 7 PM. We was in the group that was lucky. All we ever lost was power and never had any concerns about flooding. There are a lot of people South and West of us that was not affected by Katrina, but Isaac hit them hard with flooding.

volvosweetie
08-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Glad to hear things went safely for you. Glad you have your power back so soon. When Hugo came through NC we were without power for 11 days. I am glad you are okay with no flooding.

Jim & Kay
08-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Reuben, Glad you and your DW are ok. Lets hope the worst is over. Stay Safe!!!

reubenray
08-31-2012, 05:39 AM
Sometime this morning we will go check on the Cougar. It should be OK being it is only 5 minutes from our house. If possible I want get some concrete down at the house and keep it with us. I have to check first to see if it will be possible to even back it into our lot. We live on a Cul-de-Sac and the road is not very wide. I plan on talking to one of my neighbors down the street that has a camper to get their opinion.

reubenray
09-01-2012, 01:43 PM
We checked on the Cajun Riviera this morning and everything if OK. The Pearl River is having issues now where mandatory evacuations have been issued to the North of us. Right now we are OK.

http://www.wwl.com/Immediate-evacuation-for-part-of-St--Tammany/14135686

volvosweetie
09-02-2012, 04:20 PM
I seen they were mandatory evac. for you at pearl river. I hope that you will all be safe. Keep us updated so we will not worry. Will be praying for all of you that are affected by this.:)