PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Water Tank

ToooTall1
08-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Have a major crack in my water tank and would like to replace it. Measurements a 53.5"Lx27.5"Wx 6"H. Has anyone replaced a tank and where to get one. Thanks

hankaye
08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
ToooTall1, Howdy;

I'm thinkin' (?), that most RV manufactures
use this Co. for their tanks;

http://www.incaplastics.com/aboutus.htm

hankaye

Philip Saran
08-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Where did your water tank crack? Did you run over something that
caused it to crack?

There is a tank mfg in Corona CA that makes aftermarket tanks, you
could try www.google.com to see what you find.

ToooTall1
08-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the replys, went to china freight dba harbor freight and found a plastic repair kit for around 15 bucks. I drilled a small hole on both ends and worked the plastic material into the crack and about 2" around it and so far after filling the tank it seems to hold. Will let it sit in the sun a few days to make sure it holds before reinstalling it

ToooTall1
09-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Reinstalled tank and all seems to be good. First time something from china freight actually worked, just don't put much pressure on the tip as it will bend and break off as per other users. Gonna put a different drain valve in as the cheap china crap leaks "new valve". Thanks for all the replys and lookers.

Bushman512000
09-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I did the repair some time ago 3 fills later ordered a new tank lol may be Your china glue is the better crap hope so lots of work to change out but You will have to play the waiting game Good Luck Bushman

Loader
09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
You guys are awfully trusting. If that patch kit isn't designed for a potable water tank, you could be ingesting things that you would probably rather not.

I know for fish aquariums the wrong kind of sealant for the glass will kill all the fish you put in there - no matter how long it has had to cure.

jlmdvm
11-04-2012, 10:05 AM
My fresh water tank came loose while traveling down I95 and tore hole in tank from draging on highway. I repaired it with fiberglss cloth etc and works gret. I suggest draining tank while traveling.