PDA

View Full Version : Slide alignment

Outbackmel
08-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Just left Myrtle Beach this morning and noticed something on our carpeting when slide was pulled in. It was some light sticky residue and I quickly determined it was a result of damaged coroplast. I used some HD black tape for a temp repair and headed home. Obviously the damage was caused by the slide catching on something on the way in. Damage was limited to a 4 in square area and the backside of it is wood base. Wood did not appear damaged, BUT, may require more inspection tomorrow when I can really slide under there and take a look - see. :confused:

I am quite sure I will need to adjust something, someplace as the slide will likely do the same thing when I open it tomorrow on our permanent home site in the mountains. :banghead:

Any reference to past threads, etc, will be appreciated. This is a 2011 Outback Sydney, 36 ft, 326FBH.

hankpage
08-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Before you do any adjusting look for screws that may have backed out under carpeting on the living area floor under the slide. Or possibly an object that found it's way between. Good luck and keep informed of your progress, Hank

Outbackmel
08-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the excellent advice. I am on site and will scout around tomorrow.
Tonight to pooped to do anything but kick back and fill my head with worthless tv.
Will post if successful.