PDA

View Full Version : mystery light on alpine

pedalsteelpicker
08-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I have a 2013 Alpine 3700RE that has 2 round clear lights outside as well as the amber light above the door.The clear light on the entrance side along wth the amber light work but the clear light on the other side of the trailer(side that dump station is on)does not come on.At first I thought it was run from the same switch as the other light and the bulb was bad, but there is no voltage to the socket and the bulb is good.Is there another switch that I have not yet found for this light?

therink
08-11-2012, 04:37 PM
My Outback has the exact same lights you described. Mine has two switches located at the main switch panel. The door side light switch is labeled DS light. The street side light switch is labeled ODS light. I'm not sure what ODS means but I call it Other Door Side.... Lol

pedalsteelpicker
08-11-2012, 05:20 PM
none of my switches are labled and I have tried every switch I could find with no luck,I guess my lite is just to look cool

DocData757
08-11-2012, 05:29 PM
They did not label any switches in mine other than the Awning switch. I figured out thru trial and error.

My 2 docking/scare lights (the round, clear ones, one on each side) are on a single switch and my door light is on another. It sounds like you have a disconnect wire someplace.

pedalsteelpicker
08-11-2012, 05:36 PM
DOCDATA 757, I think you might be right.It's such a small issue to drag the trailer back to dealer for so I will probably wait to see if any more warrenty issues come up.

JRTJH
08-11-2012, 06:19 PM
My Outback has the exact same lights you described. Mine has two switches located at the main switch panel. The door side light switch is labeled DS light. The street side light switch is labeled ODS light. I'm not sure what ODS means but I call it Other Door Side.... Lol

DS is Door Side
ODS is Off Door Side

poochy
08-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Heres a shot in the dark if you have a remote that runs landing gear, slides ect , on the outside of the lcd shoud be a light button push it and recheck your switches ? only a long shot good luck:banghead::banghead::banghead: butch

pedalsteelpicker
08-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks Poochy but I don't have a remote

hankpage
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Have you looked for switch in water-works compartment ????? I know it's not important but it would drive me crazy. :dizzy: (I know it is just a short walk for me so I don't need anyone to drive me)

pedalsteelpicker
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM
No switch in water works,I am starting to think that it runs off the same switch as the door side lite but has a break in the wire some where

mikell
08-12-2012, 03:47 PM
My Alpine one switch operates both round lights check the bulb and such

pedalsteelpicker
08-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Mikell,bulb is good there is no voltage at the socket (i checked with my meter)