PDA

View Full Version : New from Idaho

Arevalo
08-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone! My husband and I are brand new 5th wheel owners!!! After much looking, we fell in love with the 2012 Cougar MKS 326. It's a home away from home! We are in our mid 30s and have 3 kids, 10, 7 and 2. You might ask why not a bunk house? Well my husband works away from home most of the year and will be staying in the 5th wheel so we wanted more living space than what the bunk houses offer. The kids and I are currently on vacation with him for the rest of the summer and we don't feel cramped at all! And we are in 100+ degree heat (only 1 AC and its doing the job!!!) everyday so we are inside a lot!

Thank goodness for this forum! The galley water backed up yesterday while my husband was at work. I remembered the levers were in the basement but after pulling the one for gray water, the problem still remained. So after much browsing on here, I found out there is another lever and where to find the darned hidden thing!!! Our walk through was overwhelming and I'm sure we missed a lot. We will be coming back here over and over again for help and advice, especially when it's time to pack up and move it to the next location!!!

We aren't level. It anoys me terribly, my husband doesn't notice. And the movement in here is awful! I felt my first earth quake 2 nights ago (we are in California) and thought at first it was the kids walking around down stairs!!! So the movement issue will be another thing to look into fixing. And although the 1 AC is doing ok, it was 105 here yesterday, I can't cook anything inside or we heat up real quick, so another AC is on the list too. I also loathe the basement doors and am constantly lusting over our neighbors slam latch doors, so new doors in the future??? I am obsessed with looking at everyone else's RVs here at the park, driving down the highway, etc. My husband only looks at what's pulling them, haha!!! We have a 2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Z71 4x4, 4 door with a big cab. It's nice and roomy, no fun to park when shopping!

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful info!!! I don't feel so alone and lost now that I found all of you Happy Camping!!! ~Arevalo's

volvosweetie
08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
:wlcm: to the forum. Congrats on the new 5'er. I spend some part of the day just reading the post in all the section. There is something to learn on each one. You may not think you would need to know something about a pull along, but sometimes it helps you out. If you have questions just ask. If you find something that works, share the tip. Hope you have Happy Camping memories and safe travels."bouncey:

Ron
08-07-2012, 11:01 AM
:wlcm: and i'm glad your enjoying your new Cougar. Yes there is alot to learn when you buy your first rv and yes we are all here to help in one way or the other. Happy Campin..............Ron

SAABDOCTOR
08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
HI:wlcm: to the forum. You must know my wife... she is always looking at other campers!!! HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS OF GREAT ADVENTURES in your new cougar. lots of great people here to help you out if you need it. take care :D

Herap
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
:wlcm:to the forum and a new way of enjoying life! Don't feel alone in learning about your camper :banghead::banghead:, the DW and I have been camping for 30 years and we're still learning new things. We're just accepting them as they come:surprise:.

Ray

Jim & Kay
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Congrats on the new 5er and welcome to the forum. Yes, it is a great place to learn, with lots of years of experience in one place. Enjoy and stay safe.