PDA

View Full Version : First Post Newbie

GBHRPS
03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
I just found this forum today for the first time, read a few of the threads on varying topics, and decided to jump in with both feet.

My bride and I purchased our first Cougar 5th wheel at the end of last season and got to use it just 3 times before winter storage. We can't wait to get her out on the road again in the next few months.

We were most fortunate to have purchased a 6 year old unit that telegraphed "pride of ownership" from every corner. Even better was the relationship we quickly developed with the Keystone Dealer where we purchased the trailer. Its a 5 hour trip one way to Springmount RV in Owen Sound for us, where we met the nicest, "what can we do for you today" people. Without a doubt, they did everything they possibly could to make our Cougar purchase the best buying experience my wife and I have ever had. We will certainly be dealing with them again when it comes time to upgrade!

On that positive note, I wanted to share a small modification that I made just last week to our trailer. Our 285RL has the usual folding metal cover over the gas range, and a minimum of counter top space. I purchased a standard sized wooden cutting board (about 20 inches by 15 inches) and glued a sheet of rubberized, non slip cupboard liner to the back of it with a spray on automotive trim adhesive. The cutting board sits right over the range top cover, won't slide off while trailering, increases the food preparation space, and stores easily in a number of cupboards when the range is being used.

Hope this idea is of use to someone else!

Gene

hankpage
03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum. We know what you mean about wanting to get back on the road. Glad you found us, Hank

Flyguy
03-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure many will enjoy reading about your mod and get ideas from it, keep us posted on your camping adventures.

Sooner
03-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Welcome! We wish for you many happy years making happy memories!