PDA

View Full Version : Getting Popular

mikell
08-03-2012, 05:36 AM
In the last couple of weeks we have had probably 5 people want to start fulltiming at our park. Seems a lot of people have to retire before the first of the year and are selling everything and hitting the road. A few months here and a few there seems to be the plan. Lots of state employees need to get out before the end of the year or they lose some of their bennifits. I know if my wife doesn't retire by Dec 31 it'll cost her $400 a month plus who knows what on the insurance side. Crazy trying to figure it all out

KJcachers
08-03-2012, 05:59 AM
What state?

f6bits
08-03-2012, 06:56 AM
I’m betting it’s Michigan. It says SW, so I don’t know if that’s the mitten half, or the Scotty Dog half.

mikell
08-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Yup Southwest about an hour outta Chicago.

hankaye
08-03-2012, 03:03 PM
mikell, Howdy;

Right there in what's known as the "Mich-iana" area?

hankaye

mikell
08-03-2012, 03:14 PM
That would be South Bend Were 30 miles north west near the St Joe river and Lake Michigan. It's again the rules to say where we are I guess but it's Friday night and were finning up

mikell
08-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Another call today people going to stay till after Christmas then headed south

mikell
10-16-2012, 06:48 AM
3 more in the last week again. Am going to try and have everybody in the same 2 rows to cut down on the plowing this winter. Lots of people see it as a great way to retire

mikell
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
It seems to be something going on. A woman going to college about 2 miles away rather than driving 50 miles each way. A heavy truck mechanic is moving in tomorrow to stay on the nights he's on call rather than drive 30 miles. Couple moving from Reno for a new job going to camp for the winter just because they have done it before and don't have to hurry to find a home. Someone had cancer and usually heads south for the winter but is going to hang out so they don't have to change doctors for the next year. Getting calls nearly every day for fulltimers wanting to hunker down for the winter

Ken / Claudia
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
I had more years left in me to work for the state of Oregon but, at 25 years of service any more time and I would be working only for free health care. Stay at home and make about the same as my net pay when working. Some stay and work longer but, they won't make hardly many more money.