PDA

View Full Version : Smashing CDs

gkainz
08-01-2012, 12:15 PM
I guess I need to make a reminder tag on the slideout switch that says "CHECK BEHIND SLIDE BEFORE EXTENDING" :) or find another place to put the CDs and DVDs.

Laredo 245RL entertainment center has those two handy little cubby boxes that the CD cases end up in. During travel apparently they like to bounce out and hide behind the dinette slide. The first indication of a problem is when the slide is just about completely extended and one is greeted by the sound of crunching plastic. :eek:

hankpage
08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Could be worse ... crunching gears I'll bet you won't do that again. I learned my lesson with a plastic wine glass. :D

Rick1300
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Haha! Mine was we could not figure out why the dog was clawing at the slide. Turns out her tennis ball was squished in there!

gkainz
08-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Could be worse ... crunching gears I'll bet you won't do that again. I learned my lesson with a plastic wine glass. :D

Don't be so quick on that bet! Did it twice in 3 outings! Doh!!!

Roller4Tan
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Mine was DW's tube of shampoo.. luckily it was almost empty. Still was a soapy mess. LOL :o

Dwighop
08-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Ours was the netbook computer. Least we could get info off the hard drive. Only the screen got smashed!

campingcpl
08-02-2012, 06:06 AM
A no see/no touch mouse trap that I forgot about. Had the camper at home to get it ready for our first trip of the season and started opening the slide and heard the crunch. :eek:

Roberson4
08-02-2012, 06:37 AM
I am also afraid of hearing this 'crunching/cracking' sound when opening our slides. In our 5er if the 2nd bathroom door ever gets jarred open it will be ugly. There are two doors in the 5er that are hidden behind the slides when they are in.
Maybe I should actually use the valves on the hyd. unit to stop those slides from moving until the other slide is out and I can actually get back there to see if the door is ajar.