PDA

View Full Version : Gally tank sensor

chuckretnav
07-31-2012, 08:02 AM
I have a 327res and have had it a couple years. But lately we sold our home in Indiana and now are in Texas waiting for the new house to be completed. We have lived full time in the 5er since May. The sensor in the gally tank seem to have picked up some crude. I keep the tank open all the time. And it started reading 1/3 full a month ago. Now its reading 2/3 full and the tank is still open. Everything I find to clean the sensor requires me to fill tank about half full then drive around for 15 min, stop and empty tank. If anyone has a idea how to clean the sensor while im sitting still would like to hear about it. Thank You (tx)

azlee56
07-31-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi. I had to try this before I posted the "go search" answer and I did search but it took me a bit to find the right word. I finally searched for softener and got a bunch of hits that they talk about this stuff. There is one thread about outhouse smells and Geo's method. Read that and after that go back to the search results and keep reading. It is really interesting and gives all perspectives in the search results.

Festus2
07-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Instead of leaving your gray galley tank valve open, try closing it letting the dirty dishwater accumulate in the tank so that it almost full. After each washing of the dishes, flush a bit of Calgon (water softener) down the kitchen sink drain. This will help make the sides of the tank "slippery". If there has been a build up of crud on the sensors, this treatment may not work however. When the tank approaches "Full", pull the drain valve to empty the tank.
Having an empty tank all the time may cause it to dry out and any food particles or other "crud" may accumulate around the sensors, dry out and result in faulty readings.
Rather than leaving your valve open all the time, close it, let the water build up in the tank, open and drain it. You can go through this cycle and it may help.

chuckretnav
08-01-2012, 06:02 AM
Thank You for the suggestions. Ill close the tank and let it fill with dishwater. Hopefully that will break it loose. When we finley move it off site ill also add the sensor cleaner and some water then dump it after i move it around for awhile. (tx)

Bushman512000
08-07-2012, 02:16 AM
drop a bag of ice in the tank if You can before moveing the rig that will help knock the crud loose...or if You have a air line (compressor)drop that down the tank and bubble it for a short time that will help also I was told ..

SteveC7010
08-07-2012, 04:16 AM
drop a bag of ice in the tank if You can before moveing the rig that will help knock the crud loose...or if You have a air line (compressor)drop that down the tank and bubble it for a short time that will help also I was told ..

The bag of ice trick can only be used on the black water tank. There is no way to get the ice cubes into a gray water tank.

KenBob
08-07-2012, 04:26 AM
The bag of ice trick can only be used on the black water tank. There is no (EASY) way to get the ice cubes into a gray water tank.

Haul the ice on the roof, remove grey tank vent cover, pour ice in vent, replace vent cover.
Crawl under sink, remove trap, pour ice in pipe, install trap, run water to flush ice to tank.:D

I don't think anyone would do that. But its possible!;)

KJcachers
08-07-2012, 05:15 AM
The ice trick is moot as he wants to fix it without moving. Fill the tank and let it soak. Never leave the valves open. Are you leaving the black tank valve open too? If so be prepared for a poop pyramid!