PDA

View Full Version : White knuckles

Benrubid
07-28-2012, 07:12 PM
So for all the senior members that give some of the junior members a "little" bit of a hard time, for some of our questions, THANK YOU". I had my first white knuckle experience today. Trying to get to a Hershey park campground and found myself climbing mountains and trying to get down the mountains, and all I can say is that with my f350 DRW I had the right truck pulling my Fuzion 322. After reading all of the submissions on tow vehicles I traded my f250 and got my new truck and I am thrilled. Thanks again

muddynoll
07-29-2012, 07:01 AM
X2. I have also bennifited form the experience of the other membere and all of the info provided on this site. Over the past year I have up graded my hitch to a Dual Cam and my TV from 1/2 ton to 1 ton diesel. It was'nt cheap but the rig is rock solid on the highway. Much safer for me and my family and i'm not a potential hazard toeveryone else on the road.Thanks to all of you who take the time to educate us newbies.(tx)

Festus2
07-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Dario & muddynoll -

Seems like our advice ended up costing you $$$$ .... and you thought that it was free :D !!
We are happy to have helped you out knowing that our suggestions seemed to have resulted in a more enjoyable and safer RVing experience for you. "bouncey:

SmittysRV
07-29-2012, 08:41 AM
So for all the senior members that give some of the junior members a "little" bit of a hard time, for some of our questions, THANK YOU". I had my first white knuckle experience today. Trying to get to a Hershey park campground and found myself climbing mountains and trying to get down the mountains, and all I can say is that with my f350 DRW I had the right truck pulling my Fuzion 322. After reading all of the submissions on tow vehicles I traded my f250 and got my new truck and I am thrilled. Thanks again

I'm with ya on that one!!! I just sold my F350 srw and picked up this....

All I can say is Wow! 6 wheels r way better than 4 when pullin my Raptor 4014..

Nomad2009
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I totally agree, and I will say I appreciate all your wisdom alot!!!! They slap you around a little bit but its all for your own good!!

Thanks for the time you take to assist!!!

Philip Saran
08-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Nomad 2009,

And now it is time for you to update your signature to include
that new truck.

I assume your new truck has that built in "jake brake" feature
like mine, on a down hill while in tow mode you get it slowed
to about 50 ish and then it kicks in and will keep you at a nice
steady speed while going down hill.

hankaye
08-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Howdy All;

A previous poster mentioned using the "jack brake" feature.

One thing to remember with engine brakes ...They do not
communicate with the Trailer brakes. So be very careful when
the road is wet, icey and on down hill sections. The trailer at
times (of it's own choosing), will become impatient with the slow
moving vehicle in front of it (tow vehicle), and want to pass it.
Also known as a 'jack-knife' event.
Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya'll to ponder.
Now that's a white knuckle event...

hankaye

fla-gypsy
08-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I always ignore those who come on here and ask a question and then want to argue when they do not hear what they want. You are very wise for listening and learning from experience. What you can do and what you should do are frequently not one in the same