PDA

View Full Version : Cubbie latches

Devildogmom
07-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Most of the time, the cubbie latches won't close so we can lock them. Any suggestions? (tx)

rhagfo
07-27-2012, 01:08 PM
it you have trouble as they latch try paraffin on the surface of the latch, best dry lubricant made.

jsmith948
07-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Agree with the paraffin lube. I don't know if you have the "twist to latch" or the "slam latch" latches. When we got our 5er home, I spent a couple of hours on the storage compartment doors adjusting latches and locks. some of the latches were loose, some needed some gentle "alignment" with needle nose pliers, and in one case the aluminum flange had to be "finessed" with a block of wood and a hammer. While I was at it, I turned all of the keys locks so that the key is oriented the same way in every door (before it seemed that the key had to be inserted in a different position in each door). IMO it was time well spent;)

Devildogmom
08-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Agree with the paraffin lube. I don't know if you have the "twist to latch" or the "slam latch" latches. When we got our 5er home, I spent a couple of hours on the storage compartment doors adjusting latches and locks. some of the latches were loose, some needed some gentle "alignment" with needle nose pliers, and in one case the aluminum flange had to be "finessed" with a block of wood and a hammer. While I was at it, I turned all of the keys locks so that the key is oriented the same way in every door (before it seemed that the key had to be inserted in a different position in each door). IMO it was time well spent;)

We have twist to latch.:banghead: