PDA

View Full Version : Living in the camper for awhile...

jbruere
07-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi all! My boyfriend, daughter (9 year old) and I will be residing in our Hideout 27dbs for a couple of months while our house is being built. Target move in date is Oct. 15, but I know how building goes so I'm not getting my hopes up. We live in Iowa and it's HOT here now, but weather should cool off about the time we have to move out of our current house at the end of August. I'm wondering if there is anything special that we need to know or do before living in the camper full time for a couple of months? We use it about every weekend right now but I just wanted to be sure we didn't need to do anything different.

I'm actually looking foward to it, as I LOVE my camper. Hopefully we don't all kill each other by the end of the 2 months!!! :eek:

Any tips or advice is much appreciated!!

SAABDOCTOR
07-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi living in your camper for a few months should be alot of fun but should be no issues except forbumping into each other more often. but if you can rent the movie "Money pit" and remember ..."two weeks you'll love it" have fun and hope all goes well with the build:D"bouncey::banghead:

mikell
07-27-2012, 06:03 AM
I did it for a while while building and the first thing I did was get a bathroom and laundry working inside a small lawnshed type building. The inspector didn't have a problem even though the house wasn't close to done.It was hooked to water power and sewer and thought we were pretty smart

f6bits
07-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Are you staying at a place with full hookups? I think the only issue for long term is tank dumping. I generally leave my grey tank valve open and then dump the black tank when needed. I think that by the end of your stay, you’ll be experts on trailer camping.