PDA

View Full Version : Tire rim information

DocData757
07-23-2012, 09:45 AM
In trying to determine the max psi the rims on my Alpine will hold, I called Keystone and they pointed me to a company named Tredit because that is who Keystone gets their rims from. They have a website, http://www.tredit.com and on that site they have photos of their rims alone with some specifications (no pressures).

I am waiting on a call back with that info.

I thought this might rove to be a handy piece of information for all us Keystone owners.

chuck&gail
07-23-2012, 06:41 PM
For many years virtually all trailer rims have either the weight limit, or pressure limit, stamped either on the back of the rim (most common) or in the valley UNDER the tire. Did you look on rim back?

Note you can easily convert weight to psi by knowing the stock tire size.

ktmracer
07-23-2012, 07:28 PM
For many years virtually all trailer rims have either the weight limit, or pressure limit, stamped either on the back of the rim (most common) or in the valley UNDER the tire. Did you look on rim back?

Note you can easily convert weight to psi by knowing the stock tire size.

the weight limit on my alloy keystone 15 x 6" wheels is 2850lbs. based on that I'm assuming that since the max trailer tire size for that rim is a 225/75-15 the rim is rated for 80psi, the same as a 225/75-15 LRE tire. But that's all it is an "assumption". the back of the rim on mine has a stamp with 6 lug wt limit of 2850, consistent with the website spec.

CWtheMan
07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
the weight limit on my alloy keystone 15 x 6" wheels is 2850lbs. based on that I'm assuming that since the max trailer tire size for that rim is a 225/75-15 the rim is rated for 80psi, the same as a 225/75-15 LRE tire. But that's all it is an "assumption". the back of the rim on mine has a stamp with 6 lug wt limit of 2850, consistent with the website spec.

Your assumption is correct. The rim manufacturer only has to depict one value when it’s synonymous with the other.

I took a lot of pictures at RV shows this year. Just about everything pertaining to safety is now molded into the tire’s sidewalls. Here is an example why a tire installer might ask you questions if you’re going up in load capacity that wont match your current rims.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=20708

CW

p.s. New post added to my tire blog about RV tire replacement selections.

hankpage
07-24-2012, 08:48 AM

I think you will find that a rim rated for 2850 is load range D and 65 psi. max.