PDA

View Full Version : Heat/Furnace vents

rhminva
07-23-2012, 05:47 AM
I'm taking my 2013 2910bh to the dealer later today to have them fix a couple minor things under warranty. Rather than waiting until it gets cold, I fired up the furnace for the first time yesterday to make sure it is working so I could have them fix any issues I found. I have 3 floor vents, 1 in the bunk house, 1 in the kitchen/sitting area, and 1 in the front bedroom. The vent in the bunkhouse had absolutely no airflow. The other two had plenty of hot air flowing.

Obviously I'll have them look into this, but am curious if anyone else has had a similar issue?

f6bits
07-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Yep. I took a few hours and fixed it myself and did it right:
I dropped the underbelly and found that some of the ducting snaked all over the place and was pinched. I disconnected them from the vents, pulled them straight, and routed them directly. I removed about 12’ (yes, FEET) of excess duct length. They work much better now.

If I took it in, I was worried that the tech would start cutting holes in the underbelly rather than take the time to drop it for access. And I also know that I did a good job routing the ducts. There was also a duct that runs to the underbelly, so I blocked that one at the furnace since I don’t need underbelly heating.

As a bonus, now I know exactly what and where everything is under my trailer.

Festus2
07-23-2012, 07:25 AM
rhminva -
The problem you are having is very common. Little or no airflow to either the front or rear bedrooms - depending upon their location in relation to the furnace- occurs often.
As suggested above, you can usually cure the issue by doing one or more of the following:

1) Checking for construction debris left in the ductwork
2) Try to eliminate or reduce any 90 degree bends or kinks in the ducts.
3) Check all places where the ducts join onto a vent or register.
4) Check your furnace to make sure that the hot air is being vented out properly. Sometimes, one of the knockout covers which should still be covered has been knocked off causing hot air to vent into the air - not into a duct.

There has already been an extensive discussion and numerous postings of this same topic so you might benefit by doing a forum search to see what others have done regarding this problem.

rhminva
07-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Just heard from the dealer. The duct was not connected on the furnace side. I am very glad I decided to go with a local dealer with a good reputation that provides good service. I had considered picking up a unit at a lower price in the midwest. After considering transportation costs, and the risk of having problems with service, I'm glad I went local.