PDA

View Full Version : Poor A/C air flow on Laredo 303TG

DTJ9610
07-16-2012, 06:29 AM
Wondering if anone else with a Laredo 303TG or possibly the 291TG is having A/C air flow issues with the back area. I have great flow from the front bedroom vent and it gets worse as I go back. There is barely a breez coming out of the back bunk room. Look forward to any input.

Thanks,
DTJ

hankpage
07-16-2012, 11:32 AM
DTJ, I took the liberty to move your post here hoping to get more responses. Hope you don't mind, Hank

DTJ9610
07-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I was debating where to put it too. Thanks

therink
07-16-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi
The first thing to check is the ducting. Remove inside cover, make sure all foil tape is intact and sealing the air flow from entering the attic cavity. Next, make sure the intake and cool side of the unit has the dividercin place with no gaps. Next remove all ceiling vent louvers and make sure the foil tape is intact and smooth so no gaps and air flow restrictions. Finally, place a piece of foam pipe insulation or swim noodle in the duct just past the front and rearmost vents so that cooled air doesn't travel in the duct past the final vents in the duct run. Place foil tape over the foam to make a smooth false termination point. This should help make the ducting work more efficiently. If no improvement, then use a small mirror with a flashlight to peek down the duct in the ceiling and see if a duct is obstructed or collapsed..
I used these methods on my fiver when it was brand new and made a huge improvement.
Steve

skystak
07-16-2012, 08:00 PM
i have same unit. ac sucks in back. i added two fantastic fans and that helps but still hot. lots of small problems on my 2012 but i still like it.

Diesel Dude
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Do you close off the vents at the ac unit? When our vents are open the air is very light at the back. Once the vents are closed the air flow is much more even

DTJ9610
07-18-2012, 07:24 AM
The flow didn't change when the 3 vents on the A/C unit itself were closed. Seems 95% of the air (aside from the unit vents) come out in the front bedroom. Even the 1st vent downline from the unit has minimal air flow.