View Full Version : Laredo 297RL

03-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I am close to buying a Laredo 297RL travel trailer. This is the first year for this model and I would like to learn more about it from anyone who has one or has heard good or bad about it. There are only two things I don't really like about it. It has a small grey water tank at 30 gals and the bathroom sink is so tiny it's barely usable. I presently own a 2004 Prowler 829S in which all 3 water tanks are 40 gals. The Prowler has bunks which we no longer use.


03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I think the reason for the small tanks is that model is considered lite or ultra-lite. Larger tanks would increase it's gross weight. If you only camp with full hook-ups this should not be a problem. If you dry-camp I don't think this is the trailer for you. Keystone makes similar floor plans in heavier trailers but I'm sure the price tag is higher also. If you are not completely happy with the trailer NOW, you are sure to find other things that don't fit your life-style after living in it for a while. Perhaps a different model might work better for you. JM$.02 , Hank oops! I almost forgot .... Welcome to the forum.

03-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you have many happy travels in your new camper.

I do not have this model, but have a fifth wheel which we are
fulltiming in for the last 5 months.

Good luck with all your plans!



03-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi Hank! Thanks for the reply. We don't dry camp "or" use full hook-ups. I am from Ontario, Canada and 90% of our camping is done in Provincial Parks which have only hydro hook-ups. The other 10% is done in Conservation Area's here in Ontario and for the most part they have Hydro and water hook-ups (no sewer). I did e-mail a customer service rep at Keystone and asked him the same question about the small black and grey water tanks. His reply was, "this is an ultra lite trailer and some people travel with either full tanks or some water in them therefore we made them small". Hmmmm, the way I see it Keystone decided to put small tanks in this unit because of the very small number of people (probably between 0 and 10%) who travel with water in their tanks. As for the weight of the empty tank itself, I would imagine it would add only 10 or 20 lbs to go from 30 to 40 gals. I have pretty much decided on this unit and we will probably have to order it as the local dealer has three on his lot but due to the many enhancements that were made to this model in Nov 2009 I may order one. If I do place an order to have one built I may ask if it's possible to install a larger grey water tank and if so what the cost be. This install would be a little harder to do afterwards as it has an enclosed underbelly.
Thanks, John

03-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I use a tote-tank (27 gal) as an extra source to hold more grey water, my grey tank is 30 gal and the black is also 30 gal.